1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Is There a Great Photolab in Oz?

Discussion in 'Printing' started by BarefootPilgrim, Jan 28, 2016.

1. BarefootPilgrim

BarefootPilgrim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Bob
    Are there any Aussie's here who can recommend one?

I'm hoping to have a large photo printed (16x20, probably on canvas and mounted) to send as a gift to a friend in Australia. I live in the USA, and am discovering that sending from here to Oz is outrageously expensive, especially something that large. So I'd like to find a great photolab in Oz that can print outstanding quality and drop ship to my friend in Sydney.

Would love to hear your suggestions, especially if you've had personal experience with them.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

2. gnarlydog australia

gnarlydog australia Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    Damiano Visocnik
    I use Streets Imaging and they do a very fine job at printing large and on exclusive materials, including canvas and metallic base
    They website: http://www.streetsimaging.com.au/
    I had to download their software to then upload my files. Prices are very competitive for quality printing.
    Of course they ship around the country, if needed.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. BarefootPilgrim

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Bob
    Thanks, Damiano!

4. BarefootPilgrim

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Bob
    Just tried Streets Imaging's link to their web site: http://www.streetsimaging.com.au/, but it seems to be gone... "this web page is not available" error. Also checked for them on Facebook and their page there has not been updated since 28 May 2012! Are they still in business?

Can anyone suggest another lab?

Thanks for reading!

5. AussiePhil

AussiePhil Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 1, 2014
    Canberra, ACT, Aust
    Phil
    @BarefootPilgrim@BarefootPilgrim
    Just clicked on the link above and the page came up without any issues, they look alive and well.

6. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    I tried the link soon after you posted it, probably around the same time that BarefootPilgrim did, and it didn't work but then tried it again a couple of days later and it did work. Looks like the site was down for a while but is back up now.

7. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    Nushots
    They're the public side of Nulab (which only caters the professional side of things, they won't take orders from the public). I haven't used Nushots however I believe it's all done in the same factory as Nulab which has quality control second to none and fantastic customer service in my experience.

8. Tony Rex

Tony Rex Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 6, 2015
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Tony Rex
    • Like Like x 1