1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Is there a faster way to delete pictures on the GX7?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by LiqrSicc, Nov 13, 2014.

1. LiqrSicc

LiqrSicc Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 9, 2010
    Rather than have to click the trash can>select single picture>confirm.

Coming from an OM-D there was a setting that would bypass confirmation and would instantly delete a picture. Wondering if there is a setting like that on the GX-7. Thanks

2. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
    I got used to it. But I also noticed it is a bit faster if you use touch screen.

3. Paul80

Paul80 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 6, 2014
    Format will get rid of all of them :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  4. yorik

yorik Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 23, 2013
    Scotts Valley, CA
    Yonatan
    With a 16gb card, I have never come close to filling it, so I usually don't worry about deleting in camera... I just download the ones I want and then hit `format' (as suggested above).

5. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 21, 2013
    N Essex, UK
    Mike
    When you select 'single picture' there's usually another option for multiple images or all... (All my cameras have at least one of these options)
    Alternatively you could use the approach a friend used recently - get the dog to delete them for you - but I don't think that works so well for using the card later.:eek:

6. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Had the same thought but I don't think so

Still, Lovin the gx7 for a lot of other reasons :)

7. listers_nz

listers_nz Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 22, 2013
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Simon
    There is a multi delete option on the GX7 (at least there is on mine). While reviewing pictures if I press the trash can button (Fn2) it comes up with a menu - "Delete Single", "Delete Multi", "Delete All". If you choose "Delete Multi" you can then see all your images as thumbnails and can move between them using either the cursor buttons, the rear dial, or the ouuch screen. Pressing menu/set on an image adds/removes it from the images selected, as does touching it. When you have finished press the OK button to delete

8. LiqrSicc

LiqrSicc Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 9, 2010
    You're missing the question, fellas. I'm just looking for a way to bypass the confirmation when you delete a picture. I'm well aware of delete all or formatting, which is not what I'm looking for. My previous cameras had the option for a 1-touch delete so I had gotten used to it. From the looks of it there isn't an option. The multi-delete option would be great if it allowed you to see the full images rather than the thumbnails. It's difficult to tell which ones to keep when looking at thumbnails.

9. Paul80

Paul80 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 6, 2014
    Memory cards are so cheap these days I don't bother with in camera deletes, I shoot RAW & JPEG at full resolution and still get over a thousand shots on a 32mb card, so do all my deleting on the PC after I have transferred the contents of the card at the end of a day's shooting, if I fill a card up I just swap it for another and carry on shooting. No point fading about trying to see what I want to delete in camera.

Paul

10. Orientator

Orientator Mu-43 Regular

Dec 7, 2010
    Hi, i had the same issue with my gx7 as well since i prefer to delete bad attempts immediately as well. There is a possibility to at least skip the ever reoccurring single/multi question by assigning single delete to a fn button. The confirmation will off cause remain.
    Stefan

• Like Like x 2
  11. LiqrSicc

LiqrSicc Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 9, 2010
    That never crossed my mind. Great idea! Thanks!

12. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
    Also note that the confirmation screen can be set to highlight the 'Yes' instead of the 'No', which saves one more button push. :dance3:

• Like Like x 2
  13. drpump

drpump Mu-43 Regular

Oct 28, 2010
    I don't have a GX7, but was wondering if you could perhaps use the iPad/iPhone app to delete multiple without the confirmation popping up?

14. LiqrSicc

LiqrSicc Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 9, 2010
    Ah, that's what I was looking for! Thank you!

I use the app once in awhile. The slow speed of the app is what turns me away. I believe you can select multiple pictures and delete batches from there.