Is there a faster way to delete pictures on the GX7?

LiqrSicc

Mu-43 Rookie
Rather than have to click the trash can>select single picture>confirm.

Coming from an OM-D there was a setting that would bypass confirmation and would instantly delete a picture. Wondering if there is a setting like that on the GX-7. Thanks

yorik

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Yonatan
With a 16gb card, I have never come close to filling it, so I usually don't worry about deleting in camera... I just download the ones I want and then hit `format' (as suggested above).

Petrochemist

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Mike
When you select 'single picture' there's usually another option for multiple images or all... (All my cameras have at least one of these options)
Alternatively you could use the approach a friend used recently - get the dog to delete them for you - but I don't think that works so well for using the card later.:eek:

listers_nz

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Simon
There is a multi delete option on the GX7 (at least there is on mine). While reviewing pictures if I press the trash can button (Fn2) it comes up with a menu - "Delete Single", "Delete Multi", "Delete All". If you choose "Delete Multi" you can then see all your images as thumbnails and can move between them using either the cursor buttons, the rear dial, or the ouuch screen. Pressing menu/set on an image adds/removes it from the images selected, as does touching it. When you have finished press the OK button to delete

LiqrSicc

Mu-43 Rookie
You're missing the question, fellas. I'm just looking for a way to bypass the confirmation when you delete a picture. I'm well aware of delete all or formatting, which is not what I'm looking for. My previous cameras had the option for a 1-touch delete so I had gotten used to it. From the looks of it there isn't an option. The multi-delete option would be great if it allowed you to see the full images rather than the thumbnails. It's difficult to tell which ones to keep when looking at thumbnails.

Paul80

Mu-43 Veteran
Memory cards are so cheap these days I don't bother with in camera deletes, I shoot RAW & JPEG at full resolution and still get over a thousand shots on a 32mb card, so do all my deleting on the PC after I have transferred the contents of the card at the end of a day's shooting, if I fill a card up I just swap it for another and carry on shooting. No point fading about trying to see what I want to delete in camera.

Paul

Orientator

Mu-43 Regular
Hi, i had the same issue with my gx7 as well since i prefer to delete bad attempts immediately as well. There is a possibility to at least skip the ever reoccurring single/multi question by assigning single delete to a fn button. The confirmation will off cause remain.
Stefan

LiqrSicc

Mu-43 Rookie
Hi, i had the same issue with my gx7 as well since i prefer to delete bad attempts immediately as well. There is a possibility to at least skip the ever reoccurring single/multi question by assigning single delete to a fn button. The confirmation will off cause remain.
Stefan
That never crossed my mind. Great idea! Thanks!

T N Args

Agent Photocateur
Real Name
call me Arg
Also note that the confirmation screen can be set to highlight the 'Yes' instead of the 'No', which saves one more button push. :dance3:

drpump

Mu-43 Regular
I don't have a GX7, but was wondering if you could perhaps use the iPad/iPhone app to delete multiple without the confirmation popping up?

LiqrSicc

Mu-43 Rookie
Also note that the confirmation screen can be set to highlight the 'Yes' instead of the 'No', which saves one more button push. :dance3:
Ah, that's what I was looking for! Thank you!

I don't have a GX7, but was wondering if you could perhaps use the iPad/iPhone app to delete multiple without the confirmation popping up?
I use the app once in awhile. The slow speed of the app is what turns me away. I believe you can select multiple pictures and delete batches from there.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom