1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Is there a compatibility Chart???

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by johnny9fingers, Feb 28, 2010.

1. johnny9fingers

johnny9fingers Mu-43 Veteran

Is there a chart or graph that shows which adapter is used for legacy lenses? There are so many different lenses I would like to try on my E-P2 but don't know which adapter to use. It would be nice to find one that will allow you to use a wide variety of glass. Such as, which adapter would you need for a Contax 50mm Planar T lens? Could the same adapter be used for Voightlander M mount lenses??? :confused: 

2. johnny9fingers

3. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    There's an absolute heap of adapters available for m4/3s, ranging from around $40 - $250+, depending on manufacturer. Novoflex and Voigtlander are at the top end of town, but make very high quality adapters. Then there are the Chinese makers that have a range of options ranging from nearly as good as the high end to cheapest, but still functional.

The ones I've bought from are, in order of cheapest to most expensive:

http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/Travor-camera-accessory-store__W0QQ_armrsZ1

http://shop.ebay.com/jinfinance/m.h...9%3A1%7C72%3A1205&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_pgn=1

Voigtlander - find local supplier ot Camera Quest

Novoflex (haven't bought a Novoflex adapter, but a lot of other Novoflex gear)

Cheers

Ray

Cheers

Ray

• Like Like x 1
  4. johnny9fingers

Thanks Ray, The ability to use all the wonderful legacy glass was one of the draws to the micro 4/3rds system. First I'll get a Rayqual Contax Yashica adapter so I can use my 50mm f1.4 Planar T, and 85mm f2.8 Sonnar T lenses. I was going to get the Oly 14-150mm zoom when it came out but will spend some time with my old glass first.....
    Thanks again,
    John

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.