Is there a backup camera for ep5 with same battery?

Uncle Frank

Photo Enthusiast
Real Name
Frank
I'd like to have a small Olympus camera as backup for my ep5. But I'd like it to have the same battery system. Is there such a model?

ivoire

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
mike
BLN 1 only works in Olympus OM-D E-M5 , EM1, & PEN E-P5 (currently). You might look into a GM1 if you want small

Art

Mu-43 All-Pro
Shared battery/charger is usually a determining factor when selecting a backup body. E-M10/E-PM2 combo works great for me. E-P5 is an oddball, the only PEN with BN-1 battery

davidzvi

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
Sadly no.

Though after spending a week in and around NYC I'm considering adding a Sony RX100III to my collection. The E-P5 and E-M1 were great most of the time but there were times when I really would have liked having a pocket camera.

Uncle Frank

Photo Enthusiast
Real Name
Frank
Thanks for the responses. I'm thinking a pl5 might be my best solution for a small backup. I like Oly jpgs, it has a tilt lcd, and I'm familiar with the operating system. Prices should drop once the pl7 starts shipping.

Ramsey

Mu-43 Top Veteran
In the B&S section there's a used e-pl5 (10k actuations) for 225. 3rd party batteries are cheap, don't let the battery incompatability hold you down...

sent from my Xperia Z

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom