1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Is the re-edit better (bird images)

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by panamike, May 20, 2019.

1. panamike

panamike Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jul 5, 2016
    Lincolnshire UK
    Been running the G9 for a while now but not been happy with the PP results using my previous methods in ACR and Photo shop.

This is one from yesterday PP pushed to my old limits.

P1003194.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This has used the same adjustments but i took them further, it also took me down the road of wanting and feeling happy with a larger image, do you think i am going down the right road or does something hit you that i dont see.

P1003194e.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Andrewmap

Andrewmap Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jun 5, 2018
    Derby, United Kingdom
    Martin
    I like both images (the eyes are sharp in both and the wings tips slightly blurred giving a sense of flight and motion), but the first one appeals to me more because of the 'escape' room for the bird on the right.:thumbsup:

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. Mike G

Mike G Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Aug 13, 2018
    London
    Mike Gorman
    Mike, IMHO you definitely making your G9 combo sing, I prefer the large version for the detail it brings!
    I would suspect your local ducks are ducking when they see you in the offing.

PS sorry about the awful pun. :sorry:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I like the 2nd larger image. Less out of focus Background to distract from a the duck - great shot.

• Like Like x 1
  5. AllanG

AllanG Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 26, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Allan
    Like both images, but the cropped version I think has just that better composition. Looks really excellent to my eyes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. WT21

WT21 Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I like the second better, as IMO the duck got lost a bit in the first. That being said, Martin's comment about "escape room" is well take, and you could change the aspect ratio, to include more room on the right. Maybe try 3:2?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. stevedo

stevedo Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

May 12, 2012
    UK
    Steve Douglas
    I also prefer the first for the "escape room". I'd maybe leave the width the same and crop to a 3:2 or even a 16:9 to lose some of the distracting sky top left.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. billca

billca Mu-43 Regular

Nov 5, 2018
    Both good, but I prefer the 2nd

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sawdust

Sawdust Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Apr 5, 2018
    Missouri, USA
    I really enjoy your images. That G9 and LEICA DG 100-400/F4.0-6.3 lens, plus your experience is getting better and better. I would suggest you try to upload the image in a bigger size. That way, you would get, say the first image composition, which I like the best of the two images, but allow the viewer to click on the image to view it bigger, to see more detail. As far as "pushing the PP in the second image", I think you did well.

• Like Like x 1
  10. retiredfromlife

retiredfromlife Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    The PP whatever you did looks OK to me. I like the second image better, but that is because I am also gravitating to longer lenses to get more detail and punch.

• Like Like x 2
  11. panamike

panamike Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jul 5, 2016
    Lincolnshire UK
    Thanks for taking the time to look and comment, jut got back on line since monday.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.