Is the OM-D E-M5's cracked LCD bezel fix covered under warranty? Out of warranty?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by LowriderS10, Apr 30, 2014.

1. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Hi guys...I know there's a thread on this, but it's way too long, and I tried to sift through the pertinent info without luck.

So what's the deal with Olympus fixing (or not fixing) the cracked bezel? Mine's cracked...barely visible, but it's there. My warranty runs out in 3 weeks (if I have warranty at all...I bought it in Korea and got a hand-written receipt I had to specifically ask for).

When my S100 had a manufacturing fault (lens connection), Canon Korea repaired it for free, out of warranty, without any paperwork...can I expect the same from Olympus?
  2. polarpix

polarpix Mu-43 Regular

Jan 24, 2014
    Southern Georgian Bay - Ontario Canada
    Olympus Canada will repair it, free of charge, if the serial numbers fall within the following range: Affected Serial Number Range
    Black BEJ501001~BEJ504916
    Silver BF3501001~BF3503164

Go to the Canadian Oly website - look under "support" and follow the links. Good luck.
  3. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
  4. jnewell

jnewell Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 23, 2011
    Boston, MA
    I wonder if Oly is still offering that program? The cutoff date stated on the PDF is 2/25/14.
  5. JoJo

JoJo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    I have three E-M5 bodies and they are all outside (later) the affected s/n range. Unfortunately, they ALL have a cracked bezel!!!!!!!!!!!! CRAP.
  6. Ron Evers

Ron Evers Mu-43 Regular

Dec 10, 2013
    In the country, 60km north of Toronto ON CA
    Ron Evers
    My camera was six weeks outside the warranty period when the left strap lug fell off & Oly charged me 182C$ to reset the lug & they also replaced the bezsel, although my camera was outside the posted SN range.