Is the Olympus update server down?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by jonr, Oct 7, 2016.

1. jonr

jonr New to Mu-43

Oct 7, 2016
    I'm trying to update my fathers E-M5. I've tried two computers, in two places (work and home) Turned off firewalls and virus scanners, but I always get the "Could not communicate with the server". Olympus hasn't been very helpful, only give boilerplate answers.

Could somebody verify this for me?

2. SVQuant

SVQuant Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 20, 2015
    SF Bay Area, California, USA
    Sameer
    Welcome to the forums!

Are you trying the Olympus updater software? I haven't had much luck with it. I ended up using the update feature in the Olympus Viewer 3 which seems to work well. Just tested and it seems to be able to connect and see firmware updates for my E-M10.

[Edit] Here is a screenshot
    upload_2016-10-7_8-12-50.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  3. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Graham
    As SVQuant suggests,
    i can only update my E-M10 and E-M1 by using the update feature in OV3. The standalone updater software hasn't worked for me for over a year.

4. sdb123

sdb123 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 25, 2014
    Northants, UK
    Steve
    It's a bit of a song & dance...the Olympus Digital Camera Updater is now on v1.2.1 although if you have an earlier version it doesn't prompt you to download the latest version(?!).

I updated my E-M5 MKII this week but got the same message as you until I performed the update to the updater!

Here's the link to v1.2.1, hope it works out for you. :) 

Software Download | OLYMPUS Digital Camera Updater | Olympus Corporation

5. jonr

jonr New to Mu-43

Oct 7, 2016
    Ok, it seems that the updater isn't working for whatever reasons. But the viewer 3 does.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.