Is the Oly FL-600R full functioning on a Panny body (GX7 especially)?

Mu-43 Legend
I have an FL-600R, and it's a nice flash, but I think I'm going to try a GX7.

Will the FL600R be fully functional on a GX7?

Are there other flashes for the GX7 to recommend?

sushi

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Syukri
I'm quite sure you could, apparently the FL600R and FL360L are the same. I'm using Panasonic's FL360L on my Olympus E-M10 and it works well.

Paul80

Mu-43 Veteran
Hi

And working the other way around I use an Olympus FL-36R which is the same as Panasonics Fl360L and everything works fine.

don't be fooled by the term Wireless though, their un tethered triggering system is not wireless, its wire less, wireless implies that its triggered by radio waves, its not, its wire less, ie not connected by wires. The triggering system is optical so the flash has to be quite close to the camera and has to be in line of sight. Wireless triggered flash guns could be much further away from the trigger and could be out of sight, The could even be in a different room if needed, Optical wire less triggered systems are much more restrictive in their use.

I do wish everyone would use the correct terminology when discussing these things :wink:

Paul

biomed

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike
I was told by Olympus and Panasonic reps at a photo exposition last year that Panasonic manufactures the FL-600R. It and the Panasonic FL360L only differ in cosmetics. The FL-600R will function remotely using the GX7 built in flash to send the control signals to the FL-600R. While this system is limited compared to wireless RF flash triggered system it does perform well. I was also told by the same reps that Panasonic Makes a lot of flashes for Canon and Nikon.

Talanis

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Eric Cote
I used a FL600 with the GX7 and it works exactly like on my E-M5, be it on or off-camera.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mu-43 mobile app

imahawki

Mu-43 Veteran
I thought when I posted a similar question that someone mentioned one model takes 4 batteries and the other takes 2, resulting in fewer pops and longer recycle times. Am I thinking of something else?

Ramsey

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Oly FL600R takes four while Oly FL36 takes 2. Don't know about the panasonic ones..

sent from my Xperia Z

Latest threads

Top Bottom