1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Is the mc14 1.4 what I am looking for?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Acraftman, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Acraftman

Acraftman Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Jan 7, 2017
    I made a little extra money and thought I would pick up a tele-converter for my 40-150 2.8 and was wondering if I might not be aware of a better option, it seems to be $350 U.S. at adaroma which might be the going price?

2. TNcasual

TNcasual Mu-43 Legend Subscribing Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    Yes. The Olympus MC-14 1.4 teleconverter

Sorry, I misunderstood the OP. That is the only option when it comes to teleconverters for the 40-150Pro. You might be able to find it cheaper used on KEH, MPB or here in the Buy & Sell section.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Dec 31, 2012
    If you are not in a hurry, Massdrop has had multiple drops for the MC14 at $189. Sign up for Massdrop (its free) and then select "request" under the MC14 and you will be notified.
    Massdrop: Community-Driven Commerce

You can also check the Buy&Sell forum here and check on ebay

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. ektar

ektar Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Jun 8, 2017
    Western NC
    Don
    ^^^^^
    Failing this, I found mine on eBay with a "make an offer" option that (since the seller accepted) put it in my price range.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    I got mine on Massdrop recently for $179. In fact, I bought it without even having a lens to pair it with because it was such a great deal. Then, I found a reconditioned 40-150 Pro on getolympus with a 20% off coupon and snapped it up. You know, because I had to make use of that teleconverter! Bwaaahaha...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Acraftman

Acraftman Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Jan 7, 2017
    Thanks for the input those seem like pretty good alternatives. I wasn't sure but I thought I saw a 2x converter but was probably confused (which happens a lot:boohoo:).

7. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Graham
    It's coming from Olympus sometime in the next year or so.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.