Is Olympus following us?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by SRHEdD, Jul 30, 2016.

1. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    I'm out in the middle of my son's football practice, taking a few snaps with my new PEN F, and I'm finding I like the monitor screen turned inside. So it strikes me... Oly! Go full retro and put a film box tab holder on the back! We all used those for all sorts of things! I remember turning the box ends over and writing bride/groom names on them! Go full retro Oly!

• Like Like x 1
  2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Even better, make and sell stick-on versions. That way you can make the money

3. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    Nah, Spiratone had those, didn't stick well to rough surfaces.

Then maybe a Leica-like ISO wheel? There's such a great blank canvas there for something revisited.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ashenwelt

Ashenwelt Mu-43 Regular

Apr 13, 2016
    San Diego, CA, USA!
    Robert
    Gaffers tape like you would put on the roll of film... put it on the SD card afterwards. Hmm... I may just be getting old but I was like, why not? Done that. LMAO. And I don't even use a Pen-F... but did it one film so why not?

5. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I find I like being able to flip the LCD inwards. It protects the screen and I just use the EVF for shooting. I flip out the screen for odd angles, chimping, and menu diving. I know the street guys prefer the tilt but I've gotten used to the flip screen.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.