1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Is my G3 getting old?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Codesky, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Codesky

Codesky New to Mu-43

Oct 20, 2012
    I've had my G3 for over a year now and it's been doing me well, I love it.

This weekend though I was finding removing and attaching lenses was very stiff. After a day at a racetrack taking photos it loosened up a little bit but it's still not right.

Also, the aperture/shutter jog wheel is now feels loose. Not like it's going to fall out but there's no 'click' to it anymore. It's far too easy to turn and I was changing my settings accidentally all day, it was very annoying.

Anyway, is this something anyone else has found to be a problem? I use my camera quite often, every few days or so, but I thought it was odd that this suddenly happened this weekend.

Cheers,
    James

2. Jermonic

Jermonic Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
    Denmark
    I've had my G3 for around 1,5 years now. It's been out in rain, in the Outback of Australia and thrown into my bag several times.

So far, no problems, besides from the Ozzie dust, which is crazy difficult to remove. It's only appearances though.

3. winnie123

winnie123 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 9, 2012
    London, U.K
    Marilyn
    Mine is over a year old now, used regularly & I have seen none of the issues you mention. In fact I've always liked it because its neat & sturdy.

Any chance that yours has been dropped or damaged in some way ?

4. mizx

mizx Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 7, 2012
    Somerset, UK
    Jon
    I was going to say the same about mine, it sounds like it may have taken a knock.

5. Codesky

Codesky New to Mu-43

Oct 20, 2012
    Mine has been out in the rain too, the environment is a little different here in the UK though. :smile:

Today removing/attaching a lens is just as it used to be. This weekend I was really having to get a solid grip on the lens in order to attach or remove but now it's fine again - so strange.

The jog wheel is still slack but I think that's something I'll just have to live with.

I guess it could have taken a knock but I was unable to see any evidence of this on the outside. There was nothing unusual that I could see on the body or lens bracket. Though the tolerances are probably so small that it only takes a tiny bit of gunk or dirt to be there.

Thanks all anyway. It's still a great little camera.