Is my EM5 DEAD ? *FIXED*

Steph

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Stephane
Hi, looks like my shutter is stuck on my old EM5 (had it since day 1). I tried to remove baterry etc but it still stuck. Do you guys know what I can do to make it work again ? Send it back is out of question because it will cost way too much.
Good thing I bought a Pen- f this year..
thanks
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Growltiger

Mu-43 All-Pro
Some people have fixed it by banging the base of the camera sharply down onto a hard surface, repeating when needed. If the camera is a write-off otherwise, it is worth a try.

Steph

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Stephane
Some people have fixed it by banging the base of the camera sharply down onto a hard surface, repeating when needed. If the camera is a write-off otherwise, it is worth a try.
It Worked ! Thanks for that. The thing is I tried that but not hard enough apparently lol. Am I correct to think that it's the begining of the end ? Maybe it's time for the EM1 mk 2.

Steph

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Stephane
The EM5 iii is coming. If you like the size of the EM5 that might be a more appealing choice.
Yes the rumors sounds promising(PDAF finally) but I can get a new EM1 mk2 for 950 euros. I will probably wait till the announcement but I don't think the EM5 III will be introduced at ~ 1000Euros..

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom