Is mitakon 25mm 0.95 compatible with Olympus Pen F ?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by toggen, Mar 12, 2016.

1. toggen

toggen Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 11, 2016
    The title says it all.... Is mitakon 25mm 0.95 compatible with Olympus Pen F ?
    They say some Oly pen`s and omd`s are not compatible with that lens ?
    IF it fits, i´ll get it because of size&weight - price&0.95....... maybe.

2. toggen

toggen Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 11, 2016
  3. MarkRyan

MarkRyan Instagram: @MRSallee

May 3, 2013
    Disclaimer: I haven't used either the Pen-F nor the Mitakon, this is speculation.

I'm pretty sure the Pen-F is compatible with the Mitakon. The Mitakon has compatibility issues only with a few Olympus cameras -- I believe the EM5 (original), EPL5/6, and EPM2.

The Olympus lens will almost certainly be larger and more expensive than the Mitakon, but with autofocus and (probably) better optics. Again, speculation. There's also some hope that the Olympus f/1.2 primes will be weather sealed, but no indication yet to confirm that hope. IMO, the Mitakon will continue to have a unique value -- fast, compact, and manual mechanical focus (my preference). Oh, and cheap :)
  4. toggen

toggen Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 11, 2016
    Yep MarkRyan, i agree on everything.
    But, i´d like to be 100%sure about the compatibility!
    And wow, that Oly 25 f/1.2...... bigger/more heavy,and
    def. more expensive!
  5. bigboysdad

bigboysdad Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 25, 2013
    Sydney/ London
    I can't wait for someone to get this lens and start up an image showcase.
  6. Joe Smith

Joe Smith Mu-43 Regular

Mar 6, 2016
    Answering the original question: Looking at the pictures of the Pen F, then yes, the Mitakon is compatible. The "problem" ist that the rear element of the Mitakon protrudes into the camera. Older Olympuses had a "staircase structure" around the sensor, probably to fight reflections, which interferes with this protrusion. Newer cameras don't have this structure. Search for pictures of older and newer cameras without a mounted lens and you'll see what I mean.
    • Like Like x 2