Is it possible to assign flash output (power) compensation to a Fn button?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by New Daddy, Dec 7, 2013.

1. New Daddy

New Daddy Mu-43 Regular

Jan 24, 2011
    Is it possible to assign flash output (power) compensation to a Fn button? The manual doesn't list flash compensation as one of the assignable functions, so no? I can change the flash output on the back of the flash gun, but when I do that the change doesn't get registered on the EXIF. I think it is registered in the EXIF only if I change the output on the camera body.

2. leftnose

leftnose Mu-43 Regular

Dec 5, 2013
    Yes, you can assign flash compensation to a Fn button.

I have it in the Q Menu along with a few other things that I would use moderately but not often and then have the Q Menu bound to Fn4.

3. New Daddy

New Daddy Mu-43 Regular

Jan 24, 2011
    Can you elaborate please? I can't seem to do it on my GX7.

4. leftnose

leftnose Mu-43 Regular

Dec 5, 2013
    Menu -> Custom -> Page 6, Fn Button Set -> Setting in REC mode -> Select the button you want to assign -> Page 6, Flash Adjust

Exit all the menus, hit the button and adjust flash compensation in EV stops (I have mine set to 1/3 stops).

5. Dogman

Dogman Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2012
    Maryland

Yes, you can do it, but you first need to install the Version 1.2 body firmware update.

Once you have Ver. 1.2 installed, go to Custom Tools -> Fn Button Set -> Setting REC mode -> Select the Fn button you want to assign the function to and select Flash Adjustment.

6. New Daddy

New Daddy Mu-43 Regular

Jan 24, 2011
    A ha. Time for firmware update. Thanks!