1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Is it me -or-....

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by digitalandfilm, Nov 24, 2011.

1. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
    Are all of the camera mfg's simply looking to move thier least popular crap this holiday season?

Is Nikon out of business.. and just not told anyone?

Does Nikon plan to have *any* stock of Camera's?

Is Canon the only surviving mfg?

:eek:

2. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    No, it's you... you're the problem. Just get with the program and buy what McWorld wants to sell you, you Communist!

You're right, actually. There's very little that I am intersted in that's on sale this season. I figure there isn't that much good stuff in stock due to the tsunami in Japan in March and the more recent flooding in Thailand.

The camera makers always crank out more of the low-end consumer stuff... and the economy has left a lot of it on the shelves.

3. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Lots of folks buying many different brands....Not sure what you're saying..:confused:

4. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    I don't think the X10 meets your definition. And if they manage to stock the shelves in the next few weeks, I think both the GX1 and Nex7 will rise above as well. I'm sure companies will be trying to sell whatever they can - the latest and greatest and the serviceable old standbys too.

-Ray

5. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Hmmm...
    I know a few folks who already have the X10.....

6. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    In fact, Fuji overall is an exception. It looks like the X100 is now readily available and so is the X10. But it's hard to say if there'll be any kind of meaningful discounts on either.

I hope you're right about the GX1 and the NEX7. But, given Panny's track record with the supply of new cameras and the fact that NEX7 production has just resumed in Thailand, I'm not holding my breath. But it would be nice if both showed up on the shelves before Christmas.

7. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Nikon was a bit fortunate with their new "1 System" cameras because they are made in China - thus the Thailand flood situation didn't affect them.

But on the other hand Nikon uses quite a few Sony sensors & the Sony sensor fabrication line for Nikon designed sensors so in this area, yes Nikon is affected...