Is it just me or has the web site forum change?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by silver92b, Feb 19, 2015.

1. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    I had not been able to log in to the forum since yesterday. Where I used to go to the portal page and sign in, now I get a completely different looking page with an error code. When I try to log in from there, it just wont work. Finally I tried clicking on the "forum" tab and then it brought me to a more familiar portal where I could log in. I will say that the forum now looks very different from before. I don't particularly like change, so that might be an issue, but I still feel a little "lost" in the forum. I don't see the usual things in the usual places. Is there a way to revert back to the old format?

Thanks

2. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    THis is what I get now when I click on my bookmark for the Mu43 forum

3. ManofKent

ManofKent Hopefully still learning

Dec 26, 2014
    Faversham, Kent, UK
    Richard
    See the Site Software Changes thread.

4. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Link please? I cannot find it....

5. TassieFig

TassieFig Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 28, 2013
    Tasmania, Australia
  6. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

This is Amin's opening statement in the front page top thread.
    "It's been a long time coming, and I've changed us over from vBulletin to Xenforo."

7. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Yes, I see it now. The point is that I could not even log in for a while. Anyway, I'm a bit under the weather and although I saw Amin's post, I thought it was an old thread because I confused the membership date for the date of the post.... My bad, but easily explained by the newness of the layout. I think it will be OK in the end, but it's a bit of a surprise and unsettling when a lot of the familiar things are gone...