Is it just me or has the web site forum change?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by silver92b, Feb 19, 2015.

1. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    I had not been able to log in to the forum since yesterday. Where I used to go to the portal page and sign in, now I get a completely different looking page with an error code. When I try to log in from there, it just wont work. Finally I tried clicking on the "forum" tab and then it brought me to a more familiar portal where I could log in. I will say that the forum now looks very different from before. I don't particularly like change, so that might be an issue, but I still feel a little "lost" in the forum. I don't see the usual things in the usual places. Is there a way to revert back to the old format?

Thanks

2. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
  3. ManofKent

ManofKent Hopefully still learning

Dec 26, 2014
    Faversham, Kent, UK
    Richard
    See the Site Software Changes thread.

4. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Link please? I cannot find it....

5. TassieFig

TassieFig Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 28, 2013
    Tasmania, Australia
  6. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

This is Amin's opening statement in the front page top thread.
    "It's been a long time coming, and I've changed us over from vBulletin to Xenforo."

7. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Yes, I see it now. The point is that I could not even log in for a while. Anyway, I'm a bit under the weather and although I saw Amin's post, I thought it was an old thread because I confused the membership date for the date of the post.... My bad, but easily explained by the newness of the layout. I think it will be OK in the end, but it's a bit of a surprise and unsettling when a lot of the familiar things are gone...