1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Is GX1 LCD same size as GX7 and/or GX8?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by RoadTraveler, Sep 4, 2016.

1. RoadTraveler

RoadTraveler Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 23, 2012
    I've done some searches but can find my exact answer...

I'm wanting to purchase some new screen protectors for my Gx1 bodies, and can't find what I want, likely becuase the GX1 is now so old.

Will someone with personal knowledge and/ or still owning a couple of these bodies please help?

Online specs say the GX7 and GX1 both have 3" screens, but are they exactly the same size, so a screen protector for one will fit the other?

Is the GX8 screen also the same exact size as the GX1?

Many thanks!

James

2. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavel
    I believe they are the same size, but different aspect ratios. I will compare my GX1 to my GX85 (which has the same screen as GX7) tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012
    Thanks. Yup, the aspect ratio surely matters if the screen protector is going to fit perfectly.

Guess I should have asked-- what cameras have exactly the same size LCD as the GX1?

4. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012
    Rear LCD Size for the DMC-G5 or DMC-GX1

This leads me to believe the G5 screen is the same. I've used and loved the ProGuard screen protectors in the past, from Amazon, but they look to be no longer available...still digging.

5. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  6. nancyr

nancyr Mu-43 Regular

May 17, 2014
    San Diego
    Nancy
    Great timing! Just got a GX1 myself, and I guess these little guys need protection. Will check out your links, thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  7. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavel
    As it turns out, the GX1 and the GX85 have LCDs that are identical in terms of size and aspect ratios. However, I suspect the screen protector for the GX85 will be much larger because its screen is covered with glass which is larger than the screen itself.

• Agree Agree x 1