Is anyone using one of these for filming?

Discussion in 'Filmmaking' started by dpj, Aug 16, 2011.

1. dpj

dpj Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2011
    3" LCD Viewfinder extender 2.8X Fr Canon 550D Nikon D90 | eBay

I am looking at getting one of these viewer hoods for my E-PL1. I am aware this is for the 550D, but as i can't find a specific version for my camera, i was hoping to try the fit and modify if neede.

Anyone else using anything like this for their movie making. If so, how are you getting on with it? Darren:thumbup:

2. novocien

novocien New to Mu-43

Jul 16, 2011
    Poland
    Never seen anything like this!!! Is it really functionally possible to turn LCD screen into a mammoth electronic viewfinder? Would be a great option to overpriced EVFs.

3. carpandean

carpandean Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 29, 2010
    Western NY
    It's a bit pricy, but if you really want a nice LCD/EVF, the Z-Finder is the way to go:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. dpj

dpj Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2011
    I think they work on a very simple basis of a magnifying lens inside the hood. I mainly want it for film as it would be better than squinting at the screen in brighter light. It would also be a little more helpfull for the focusing part.

That Z-Finder does look good, but a little overengineerd for me frankly. I was looking at something basic so if i don't get on with it, i can discard without having spent too much money, but thanks all the same. Think i will give one of my link a try, i will let people know how i get on:wink:

5. johnny9fingers

johnny9fingers Mu-43 Veteran

6. Joesant

Joesant New to Mu-43

May 9, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  7. aria

aria Mu-43 Regular

Oct 9, 2010
    Rome, Italy
    the most expensive (but cool)!!

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/tokaplanet/6092186700/" title="e-p2 + jupiter 8 + Kiev finder di stefano aria, su Flickr"> 6092186700_330e5a6bab_z. "640" height="561" alt="e-p2 + jupiter 8 + Kiev finder"></a>

• Like Like x 1