1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Is anyone else concerned?

Discussion in 'Video Post-Production' started by GBarrington, Apr 15, 2016.

1. GBarrington

GBarrington Mu-43 Veteran

That this forum area is starting to be used for still photography, which by rights, should be in the image processing forum? I believe in offering posters a little latitude in where they post, but I question if posts about Lightroom , Topaz, and Silkypix really belong in a VIDEO post production forum.

2. QualityBuiltIn

QualityBuiltIn Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    OCD? Perhaps? :coffee-30:

3. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    @GBarrington@GBarrington, I'm happy to move threads, please tag me ( @ barry13 without the space) in a reply in the thread so I can be notified.

4. barry13

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    @Amin Sabet@Amin Sabet, there are indeed a LOT of image processing threads here... Perhaps this topic should be renamed to Video PostProduction to be more obvious?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  5. GBarrington

GBarrington Mu-43 Veteran

Not at all. If everyone else is good with the current status, That's fine with me. But why go to the trouble of making a video section separate from the stills section if you have no intention of keeping the posts sparate?

How much trust would you have in a Pharmacist who kept oxycontin tablets in the same container as aspirin tablets? "Don't worry," She says, "anyone with proper training can tell the difference!"

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. MichaelSewell

MichaelSewell Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 1, 2015
    Burnley, UK
    Michael A. Sewell
    I have to agree with Mr. Barrington.
    The skill set is quite different, as are the required tools and knowledge.
    Newcomers should be able to see which forum they are likely to get the best relevant help from, without having to delve through several threads to find which specific forum weighs more towards their interest.

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. ashburtononline

ashburtononline Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 21, 2015
    New Zealand
    Video ? What is that ?

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. barry13

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    Fwiw, I moved several dozen threads last night.
    Some still show redirects, but those will expire tonight.

Barry

• Appreciate Appreciate x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Phocal

Phocal Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 3, 2014
    I'm concerned

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. GFFPhoto

GFFPhoto Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2013
    You don't have a DVD player?

11. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I sure don't. Got rid of those along with my CRT televisions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. tkbslc

THe problem is that when scanning the full list of subforums, you just see "Post Processing". I don't think people posting image editing questions realizes they are in the video section specifically. Yes it says "Video" a couple inches above, but it isn't hard to miss. Maybe changing the title to "Video Post Processing" would make it a little more foolproof.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. tkbslc

Hmm, looks like someone took my suggestion. Sub-forum has been renamed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Mu-43 Regular

Aug 9, 2016
    Duke Sweden
    I'm more concerned that there is almost no mention of the Panasonic G7 on this entire message board, in any of the relevant sub-forums. Why is that?

15. DanS

DanS Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 8, 2016
    Central IL
    Duke, I just did a search, and I found 99 threads with G7 in the tittle. The forum doesn't have sub forums for each body, as that would get out of hand fast, so it just has manufacture specific sub forums.

Panasonic Cameras

16. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Mu-43 Regular

Aug 9, 2016
    Duke Sweden
    Thanks for responding, Dan. What I meant by relevant sub-forums was this one, for example, that deals with video, not a specific sub-forum for the G7.

I also had done a search and the only posts that came up for me was finding a G7 for $500.00. Otherwise I wouldn't have made the comment.

17. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    No.

18. spdavies

spdavies Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Hawaii
    Stephen
    GFFPhoto said:
    You don't have a DVD player?
    I don't think people who don't have a DVD player should be allowed to post in video-centric forums. Obviously not committed to the video format . . .

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    :biggrin:

Interestingly, we just received a free BluRay/DVD player free with a TV that we purchased, we gave the player to our church. I can't remember the last time that we played a DVD, probably when I ripped our collection and then gave them away. :cool:

20. DaveEP

DaveEP Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 20, 2014
    York, UK
    I think you're being too gentle with the pre-conditions. Surely owning at least one of (and being a previous owner of both) VHS and/or Betamax as well as DVD & BD should also be a pre-condition, with bonus points for U-Matic if you have it. :)

Sadly, I've had all of them.

OTOH, people just starting out probably won't ever 'own' a copy of a movie, they'll just play them online. Until the internet goes down that is ;)

• Funny Funny x 1