Is anyone else concerned?

GBarrington

Mu-43 Top Veteran
That this forum area is starting to be used for still photography, which by rights, should be in the image processing forum? I believe in offering posters a little latitude in where they post, but I question if posts about Lightroom , Topaz, and Silkypix really belong in a VIDEO post production forum.

GBarrington

Mu-43 Top Veteran
OCD? Perhaps? :coffee-30:
Not at all. If everyone else is good with the current status, That's fine with me. But why go to the trouble of making a video section separate from the stills section if you have no intention of keeping the posts sparate?

How much trust would you have in a Pharmacist who kept oxycontin tablets in the same container as aspirin tablets? "Don't worry," She says, "anyone with proper training can tell the difference!"

Last edited:
Real Name
Michael A. Sewell
I have to agree with Mr. Barrington.
The skill set is quite different, as are the required tools and knowledge.
Newcomers should be able to see which forum they are likely to get the best relevant help from, without having to delve through several threads to find which specific forum weighs more towards their interest.

tkbslc

Super Moderator
THe problem is that when scanning the full list of subforums, you just see "Post Processing". I don't think people posting image editing questions realizes they are in the video section specifically. Yes it says "Video" a couple inches above, but it isn't hard to miss. Maybe changing the title to "Video Post Processing" would make it a little more foolproof.

Duke Sweden

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Duke Sweden
I'm more concerned that there is almost no mention of the Panasonic G7 on this entire message board, in any of the relevant sub-forums. Why is that?

DanS

Mu-43 All-Pro
I'm more concerned that there is almost no mention of the Panasonic G7 on this entire message board, in any of the relevant sub-forums. Why is that?
Duke, I just did a search, and I found 99 threads with G7 in the tittle. The forum doesn't have sub forums for each body, as that would get out of hand fast, so it just has manufacture specific sub forums.

Panasonic Cameras

Duke Sweden

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Duke Sweden
Thanks for responding, Dan. What I meant by relevant sub-forums was this one, for example, that deals with video, not a specific sub-forum for the G7.

I also had done a search and the only posts that came up for me was finding a G7 for $500.00. Otherwise I wouldn't have made the comment.

dornblaser

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
David Dornblaser
:biggrin:

Interestingly, we just received a free BluRay/DVD player free with a TV that we purchased, we gave the player to our church. I can't remember the last time that we played a DVD, probably when I ripped our collection and then gave them away. :cool:

DaveEP

Mu-43 Top Veteran
GFFPhoto said:
You don't have a DVD player?

I don't think people who don't have a DVD player should be allowed to post in video-centric forums. Obviously not committed to the video format . . .
I think you're being too gentle with the pre-conditions. Surely owning at least one of (and being a previous owner of both) VHS and/or Betamax as well as DVD & BD should also be a pre-condition, with bonus points for U-Matic if you have it. :)

Sadly, I've had all of them.

OTOH, people just starting out probably won't ever 'own' a copy of a movie, they'll just play them online. Until the internet goes down that is ;)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom