Is 229€ a good price for a "almost" new Olympus 45 f1.8?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Ramirez, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Ramirez

Ramirez Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2011
    I´ve seen this lens on a internet camera store that sells used lenses and cameras. They test the equipment thoroughly and rates them.
    This Oly 45 got the highest rating for used gear (between 95-100% of original unopened state); just a small cosmetic scratch somewhere on the plastic.
    You have two weeks time to send it back if you aren't satisfied.

Should I go for it at this price? I´ve seen new ones for around 260€ in my country.

(I feel like I am going to break my "spending break" for real now - I just can´t tell my wife...)

2. Chris5107

Chris5107 Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jan 28, 2011
    USA
    Chris
    Thats about 306 USD which is close to the price for a new one in some cases. I think Monk3y sells them for 315 USD including shipping from Japan. I have seen them for as low as 300 USD new.

I don't know the market where you are but I would hope to get it for a little less if it was used.

3. Ramirez

Ramirez Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2011
    Thanks for your answer!

In my country (Finland) the cheapest are around 260€ (not including shipping).

But 315 USD for a new 45 (if shipping is included) seems like a very good deal.

I will check it out.

4. fransglans

fransglans Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 12, 2012
    Sweden
    gus
  5. PSH

PSH Mu-43 Regular

Jul 6, 2011
    I have one for sale (silver) in mint condition :)
    And it's an EU deal. :thumbup:

6. Chris5107

Chris5107 Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jan 28, 2011
    USA
    Chris
    This looks like a better deal than the OP.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.