Irony

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Kiwi Paul, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Kiwi Paul

Kiwi Paul Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    Aberdeen Scotland
    With all the talk etc about sharp lenses and IQ this and IQ that, this lens is better than that, I'd never use this lens for serious work coz it just doesn't have the quality etc.
    Well I just picked a bunch of pics to print from my collection over the last few months, I chose pics that in my eye would make the best prints to put on my wall, printed them off and admired them, there were a couple I thought looked really good, sharp, detailed etc, then I questioned which lens was used, guess what.....it was with the good ole m14-150 and those pics look as good as any, for sure the m9-18 and PL 25mm pics are good too but not noticeably better than the ones taken with the 14-150, sometimes a supposedly mediocre lens just gets it right and does things it's not meant to.

Paul

• Like Like x 5
  2. troll

troll Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 25, 2012
    What size? Many admire photos from iphone printed at 4x6. Although generally you're right, the difference between cheap and expensive glass is usually noticeable only when you put 2 large prints side by side (or compare on monitor at 100%), otherwise m43 + simple zoom looks fine.

3. Kiwi Paul

Kiwi Paul Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    Aberdeen Scotland
    I print anything from A4 to A3, generally they look really good as long as you pick a pic that is sharp and properly exposed etc.

Paul