1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

iPhone Movies

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by OzRay, Mar 4, 2014.

1. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    I have to wonder about the point of this particular exercise: http://www.gizmag.com/uneasy-lies-the-mind-iphone-movie/31058/.

Sadly, many people will see these sorts of things and think they too can be a Peter Jackson or David Bailey with just an iPhone. In fact, they'll take crappy results and be proud of how great their work came out. I've seen people do weddings with an iPad and general photography with a Galaxy Note. People get used to these standards and they becomes the level of quality they accept.

2. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Look at the bright side - show them pictures from a more capable camera and they'll be doubly wowed. Works for me - I particularly enjoy shooting available light stuff in bars, etc.

3. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    I've found that most don't care, they only ever look at their photos on their iPad, iPhone or Facebook. I guess if all someone is ever going to do is look at their photos on a small screen, then the quality doesn't matter. The funny thing is, that the same people that I know at least, demand the highest quality large screen or projection TVs, so that they can appreciate the quality of their movies.