1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

iPhone Converts!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Psikat, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Psikat

Psikat New to Mu-43

Sep 12, 2012
    Hey All,

There are a couple of threads on the experiences of folks who have converted from dSLRS.
    Yours truly upgraded from iPhones very recently to a EMD and it's my first venture into more technical/'real' photography.
    I think phone cameras firmly have their places in photography and have certainly made photography more accessible and inviting for the masses. The availability of apps has also attracted many who may otherwise not have any interest in photography. (I understand that whether image manipulation with apps is photography is potentially contentious with many!)
    Thanks to info from this site, I have kitted out my EMD with the 14mm, 20mm and 45mm lenses and the grip/battery holder.
    The image quality and 'extras' like DOF/bokeh have certainly open up many fascinating aspects of photography for me. And I have been able to use my apps once again thanks to the iPad camera adaptor.
    My immediate goal is to overcome my self-consciousness when shooting people on the street which doesn't figure in iPhoneography.

Best regards, Hawk

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Very cool, that's no doubt a bigger transition than DSLR to MFT!

By EMD, I take it you mean OM-D E-M5 :smile:.