iPad Pro in 2020 as only photo editing tool?

tkbslc

Mu-43 Legend
Now that the M1 macbooks run iPad Apps, I wonder if Apple will finally quit being stubborn and make a touchscreen or 2-in-1 Macbook. The MB Air is lighter than a 12.9" Ipad Pro with magic keyboard, so no weight penalty. And being able to run full Photo editors in Mac OS and then also have great iPad apps like Snapseed or VSCO side by side sounds great to me. That along with Pencil support.

My guess is Apple still expects us to buy both a laptop and an iPad so they won't want to give us that.

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Dad Pun Joke Master Over Nine Thousand Meme Lord
Real Name
Ovidiu
Now that the M1 macbooks run iPad Apps, I wonder if Apple will finally quit being stubborn and make a touchscreen or 2-in-1 Macbook. The MB Air is lighter than a 12.9" Ipad Pro with magic keyboard, so no weight penalty. And being able to run full Photo editors in Mac OS and then also have great iPad apps like Snapseed or VSCO side by side sounds great to me. That along with Pencil support.

My guess is Apple still expects us to buy both a laptop and an iPad so they won't want to give us that.
Why give up on economical incentive when you have such a loyal and dedicated user base with quite a high disposable income given the price of the Apple products (with a very little exception of the base models on all their product lines):
(All starting price)
*Mac Pro: 5.500 £ (8 Core / 32GB RAM / 256GB SSD)
*Mac Mini: 700 £ (M1 8 Core / 8GB RAM / 256GB SSD)
*iMac 21.5": 1.100 £ (2 Core / 8GB RAM / 256GB SSD)
*iMac 27": 1.800 £ (6 Core / 8GB RAM / 256GB SSD)
*iMac Pro: 5.000 £ (10 Core / 32GB RAM / 1TB SSD)
*MacBook Air: 1.000 £ (M1 8 Core / 8GB RAM / 256GB SSD)
*MacBook Pro 13": 1.300 £ (M1 8 Core / 8GB RAM / 256GB SSD)
*MacBook Pro 16": 2.400 £ (6 Core / 16GB RAM / 512GB SSD)

*iPad Mini: 400 £ (A12 CPU / 3GB RAM / 64GB Storage)
*iPad 10.2": 330 £ (A12 CPU / 3GB RAM / 32GB Storage)
*iPad Air: 580 £ (A14 CPU / 4 GB RAM / 64GB Storage)
*iPad Pro 11": 770 £ (A12Z CPU / 6GB RAM / 128GB Storage)
*iPad Pro 12.9": 970 £ (A12Z CPU / 6GB RAM / 128GB Storage)
If you look at their product line it's noticeable that the iPad is aimed at computing under 1000 £, with the only exception of Mac Mini and MacBook Air. At the size of MacBook Air I don't see it gaining a touch screen and not competing in price and performance with the iPad Pro. So either one would get more expensive or the other one gets cheaper ... and Apple almost never lowers the price of their current gen models. There is a bigger gap between the iPad Pro and MacBook Pro 13" BUT again, those costs wouldn't add up without a price increase.
It would make sense, from Apple's past habits, economically to lock a touch screen option to the highest end model, where you max out the RAM and Storage and justify the extra cost of such an option.

I think Apple with stubbornly hang on to not putting a touch screen in anything not iPad for quite a while ... as much as I would love to see an iMac and/or MacBook Pro with touch screen and pen support. Especially for the iMac as a drawing and photo editing station IF they give us a tiltable stand OR the option of VESA mounting support

bassman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
The Bassman
I’ve never used a keyboard on my iPad 12.9 Pro. I find the soft keyboard acceptable for the blogging I do while traveling (remember traveling? It’s that thing where you pack some stuff and go stay somewhere other than your home temporarily, for fun). I don’t write 5,000 word posts, but they can go to a couple of pages with the images.

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Real Name
Ovidiu
Well, this is a new development that left me, ONCE AGAIN, confused but, MAYBE?, hopeful for the future. Apple announced the 2021 iPad as well as the new iMacs. Now, most of the Apple computing products share the same, hardware, architecture ... which is the Apple M1.

Apple has, FINALLY, addressed some of my frustrations with the iPad and actually made it better. The biggest addition is (dun, DUN, DUUUUUUUN) Thunderbolt port. Finally, Apple is giving the iPad similar functionality and capability as the MacBooks and Macs: full external display support and multiple external storages AT THE SAME TIME. That means that with a Thunderbolt dock/hub now you can use the iPad as the main computer. This also means that this: https://store.kensington.com/products/studiodock™-ipad-docking-station (and for those who are afraid of links):
1619051220435.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Could be the best thing for anyone who wants's to make the iPad as their main edition tool (a Thunderbolt Dock Station that supports external displays through HDMI and USB Type C and 3x USB type-A ports AND a full-size SD Card slot AND a Gigabit Ethernet port) as it will turn an iPad Pro into a literal iMac ... with a downside (as it's usual in Appleland): VERY HIGH COST of 400 $.
Given that the new iPad Pro 12.9 inch is the 2nd only product to have the XDR display it's the cheapest option to get the best quality display in Appleland: with 1.000 nits sustained brightness and best HDR capability for such a device I think, mini-LED, it might actually be a better option then OLED.
Another elephant in the room is the chipset and performance: M1 is supposed to be the crowning jewel of Apple engineering ... and it's fast ... when software supported well, but iPad OS (like iOS) does not have the baggage of translating x86/x64 code (compared to MacBooks) because only ARM apps work on it. So both a blessing (for efficiency and performance) and a curse (for compatibility) ... NO Lightroom Classic, NO (All-Functionality) Photoshop, NO DXO PhotoLab 4, NO Capture One, NO Topaz DeNoise AI .... and this is what really started to hammer onto my interest in jumping on the new iPad: I will lose access to the best Noise Reduction software (that I have come to rely on 90% of my pictures because it has made the noise a significantly less of an issue, especially for high motion, low light images where ISO 1.600 - 6.400 is necessary).
Also in typical Apple style:
1619052097244.png

If you want reliable and future-enduring performance: got to fork for that 1TB storage, which means:
1619052196557.png

That 999 £ pricing feels less realistic when 1TB storage costs 1.650 £ ... Plus the Kingston Studio Dock (400 £), Plus Magic Keyboard (330 £), Plus Apple Pencil 2nd Gen(120 £) and the Apple-Rabbit-Hole sucks you in worse then a Black Hole.

But not all is lost: Apple has new iMacs for us. And they come in so many pretty colours, why wouldn't anyone want one when it comes with the new M1 silicone at only 1.250 £ ... wait a minute:
1619052578484.png

Here we go again: 1.250 £ but you get only 2 USB ports and you need to fork 200 £ more for 2 more extra ports and a Gigabit Ethernet port ... well at least you get a Touch ID on the keyboard ... BUT WAIT A MINUTE: 8GB RAM on even the 1.650 £ ? Hmmm ... wait a minute: 512GB storage for what iPad Pro gets 1TB ? ... but then you lose the Apple Pencil support because APPLE WON'T PUT THAT IN A LAPTOP OR A DESKTOP.

So here we are again, things are a bit better but still the same. Eye watering prices and no one best device for everything even though it's within their capabilities. One more year of having to make choices:
*Best pencil support for brush editing, best portability and power efficiency ... but lose support for best software (for heavy editing) OR
*Very good software support and design, very good capabilities and decent expansion ... but lose support for touch screen, pencil support and best in class screen quality (unless you have 6.000 £ in your pockets) OR
*Just give Apple ALL your money and buy both the iMac/MacBook and the iPad because ... Profitalism ? :p

threeOh

Mu-43 Regular
Well, this is a new development that left me, ONCE AGAIN, confused but, MAYBE?, hopeful for the future. Apple announced the 2021 iPad as well as the new iMacs. Now, most of the Apple computing products share the same, hardware, architecture ... which is the Apple M1.

Apple has, FINALLY, addressed some of my frustrations with the iPad and actually made it better. The biggest addition is (dun, DUN, DUUUUUUUN) Thunderbolt port. Finally, Apple is giving the iPad similar functionality and capability as the MacBooks and Macs: full external display support and multiple external storages AT THE SAME TIME. That means that with a Thunderbolt dock/hub now you can use the iPad as the main computer. This also means that this: https://store.kensington.com/products/studiodock™-ipad-docking-station (and for those who are afraid of links):
View attachment 884484
Could be the best thing for anyone who wants's to make the iPad as their main edition tool (a Thunderbolt Dock Station that supports external displays through HDMI and USB Type C and 3x USB type-A ports AND a full-size SD Card slot AND a Gigabit Ethernet port) as it will turn an iPad Pro into a literal iMac ... with a downside (as it's usual in Appleland): VERY HIGH COST of 400 $.
Given that the new iPad Pro 12.9 inch is the 2nd only product to have the XDR display it's the cheapest option to get the best quality display in Appleland: with 1.000 nits sustained brightness and best HDR capability for such a device I think, mini-LED, it might actually be a better option then OLED.
Another elephant in the room is the chipset and performance: M1 is supposed to be the crowning jewel of Apple engineering ... and it's fast ... when software supported well, but iPad OS (like iOS) does not have the baggage of translating x86/x64 code (compared to MacBooks) because only ARM apps work on it. So both a blessing (for efficiency and performance) and a curse (for compatibility) ... NO Lightroom Classic, NO (All-Functionality) Photoshop, NO DXO PhotoLab 4, NO Capture One, NO Topaz DeNoise AI .... and this is what really started to hammer onto my interest in jumping on the new iPad: I will lose access to the best Noise Reduction software (that I have come to rely on 90% of my pictures because it has made the noise a significantly less of an issue, especially for high motion, low light images where ISO 1.600 - 6.400 is necessary).
Also in typical Apple style:
View attachment 884488
If you want reliable and future-enduring performance: got to fork for that 1TB storage, which means:
View attachment 884489
That 999 £ pricing feels less realistic when 1TB storage costs 1.650 £ ... Plus the Kingston Studio Dock (400 £), Plus Magic Keyboard (330 £), Plus Apple Pencil 2nd Gen(120 £) and the Apple-Rabbit-Hole sucks you in worse then a Black Hole.

But not all is lost: Apple has new iMacs for us. And they come in so many pretty colours, why wouldn't anyone want one when it comes with the new M1 silicone at only 1.250 £ ... wait a minute:
View attachment 884495

Here we go again: 1.250 £ but you get only 2 USB ports and you need to fork 200 £ more for 2 more extra ports and a Gigabit Ethernet port ... well at least you get a Touch ID on the keyboard ... BUT WAIT A MINUTE: 8GB RAM on even the 1.650 £ ? Hmmm ... wait a minute: 512GB storage for what iPad Pro gets 1TB ? ... but then you lose the Apple Pencil support because APPLE WON'T PUT THAT IN A LAPTOP OR A DESKTOP.

So here we are again, things are a bit better but still the same. Eye watering prices and no one best device for everything even though it's within their capabilities. One more year of having to make choices:
*Best pencil support for brush editing, best portability and power efficiency ... but lose support for best software (for heavy editing) OR
*Very good software support and design, very good capabilities and decent expansion ... but lose support for touch screen, pencil support and best in class screen quality (unless you have 6.000 £ in your pockets) OR
*Just give Apple ALL your money and buy both the iMac/MacBook and the iPad because ... Profitalism ? :p
My Mac mini happens to be in the shop. It’s been there for well over a week waiting for parts. I’ve been using iPads since the iPad I. I’m pretty gung-ho iPads. I have my desktop and entire Documents folder In iCloud. Where it’s available on all my 3 iPads.

I've been trying to get by without my Mac for over a week. It takes a lot more than hardware to get there. Over and over I am reminded of how much required functionality is missing in iPadOS.

I don’t even own a USB-C iPad. I stopped buying when it was clear the hardware was severely crippled by ipadOS. Until that’s resolved, the hardware side is irrelevant other than some speed and I/O enhancements. Pretty much a waste of money in its current state.

Hypilein

Mu-43 All-Pro
This is (just one) reason I will not use anything Apple.

I can upgrade a 12 y.o. Windows box to totally modern standards for about AUD$ 1,200, without a single gotcha!!

Let's not have an apple vs windows discussion. I don't think anyone has ever been convinced in one of those. There are clear advantages and disadvantages to both systems. Many of those aspects are very relevant or completely irrelevant for different people. For some people macs are better, for others windows. For example the advantage of upgradeability is irrelevant for people without the technical knowledge to do so and might even be detrimental. On the other hand, if you need a specific software solution (many games are probably the most common issue here) that does not run on a mac, you will never be convinced by any arguments from Apple-Fans because their computers do not do what you need.

John M Flores

Super Moderator
Those new iPad Pros look mighty impressive but the iPad + Magic Keyboard in in the same price range as a MacBook Air. And they're very close in size and weight too.

For me, it comes down to how much I want to touch the screen or use a pen or travel without the Magic Keyboard.? I currently have a Dell XPS13 2-in-1 with a pen and hardly ever use the pen or use tablet mode.

I'm still searching for the ideal small/light travel device for bicycling and hiking. Right now, it's still my phone but I'm itching for a bigger screen. I'm particularly keen on folding devices because when they fold inward they protect the screen.

The folding Lenovo laptop looks good but it seems flawed and is currently priced for early adopters.

The Microsoft Surface Duo is a possibility but I want a little more performance

The Microsoft Surface Neo with Win10X is what I'm pinning my hopes on now...

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Real Name
Ovidiu
I have 2 Macpros, 4 MacBook airs, 2 iMacs, 2 Mac minis and 2 iPads here in my house. Just buy everything it seems to have worked for me.😂
If taken by average price:
2x Mac Pro: 6.000 £
4x MacBook Air: 4.000 £
2x iMac: 3.000 £
2x Mac Mini: 1.500 £
2x iPads: 1.200 £
Total: HOLY S^&$

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
Those new iPad Pros look mighty impressive but the iPad + Magic Keyboard in in the same price range as a MacBook Air. And they're very close in size and weight too.

For me, it comes down to how much I want to touch the screen or use a pen or travel without the Magic Keyboard.? I currently have a Dell XPS13 2-in-1 with a pen and hardly ever use the pen or use tablet mode.

I'm still searching for the ideal small/light travel device for bicycling and hiking. Right now, it's still my phone but I'm itching for a bigger screen. I'm particularly keen on folding devices because when they fold inward they protect the screen.

The folding Lenovo laptop looks good but it seems flawed and is currently priced for early adopters.

The Microsoft Surface Duo is a possibility but I want a little more performance

The Microsoft Surface Neo with Win10X is what I'm pinning my hopes on now...
I've had the worst luck with MS-branded hardware. I'm talking defect rates well above 50%, and at one time I was all-in on MS gear, from Xbox to Surface to Windows Phone, so I had tried many devices over the years. I eventually gave up on them. I've also owned a ton of Apple devices (though not many, currently), and they have been incredibly reliable in contrast. I've never had to send one in for service, or even just have one stop working entirely. Their accessories are more expensive, but every single Apple charger we own still works. I once bought an off-brand usb charger and it literally stopped working within a month. Everything above is anecdotal, sure, but when it comes to future purchase decisions, it certainly is going to influence me. Many people buy cars in the same way--they stick to brands that have never let them down.

I certainly don't agree with all things Apple does, but they have built a very solid system of hardware and software that serves many folks well. The biggest danger with using them, IMO, is that you have to be okay with whatever trajectory they chose--changing CPU architectures, butterfly keyboards, touchbars, etc. Fortunately, if you can hold out with what hardware you have, you can let their bad gambles blow over. Butterfly keyboard is dead, and touchbar is rumored to be going away too.

Gillymaru

Mu-43 Top Veteran
The iPad is really great if you need to travel light. Last week I was away for 10 days only took a very small carry on size backpack for all my clothes and gear. I limited myself to my 11" iPad Pro and Ricoh GR 3, shot everything jpeg and transferred the files to my iPad wirelessly without a hitch. Basic edits were done in Photos app and Snapseed, although the GR files really only needed cropping most of the time. I posted a few of the images here in the GR thread. I could easily manage to use one of the new iPads and thunderbolt external ssd to edit and post photos and video using a just a few of my apps i.e Photos, Snapseed, Pixelmator and LumaFusion, and not even bother using Lightroom or Photoshop.
Having said that I would not want the iPad to be my primary device for storing and editing photos, but with a thunderbolt port now included in the new iPads it definitely could be done.

Pstmstr

Mu-43 Regular
I’ll be buying the 1 TB 11 inch IPad Pro since it includes 16 g of internal ram. I expect more capabilities will be announced when the new IPAD OS is introduced in June at WWDC. I just returned my Mac mini that I’ve been using for a couple of weeks. For me, I can make Ipad or iPhone work for everything I do.

John M Flores

Super Moderator
I've had the worst luck with MS-branded hardware. I'm talking defect rates well above 50%, and at one time I was all-in on MS gear, from Xbox to Surface to Windows Phone, so I had tried many devices over the years. I eventually gave up on them. I've also owned a ton of Apple devices (though not many, currently), and they have been incredibly reliable in contrast. I've never had to send one in for service, or even just have one stop working entirely. Their accessories are more expensive, but every single Apple charger we own still works. I once bought an off-brand usb charger and it literally stopped working within a month. Everything above is anecdotal, sure, but when it comes to future purchase decisions, it certainly is going to influence me. Many people buy cars in the same way--they stick to brands that have never let them down.

I certainly don't agree with all things Apple does, but they have built a very solid system of hardware and software that serves many folks well. The biggest danger with using them, IMO, is that you have to be okay with whatever trajectory they chose--changing CPU architectures, butterfly keyboards, touchbars, etc. Fortunately, if you can hold out with what hardware you have, you can let their bad gambles blow over. Butterfly keyboard is dead, and touchbar is rumored to be going away too.

I've had to replace MacBook Pro motherboards, have had iMac screens fail, and various other hardware issues with Apple products. On the hardware side, I'd put Apple in the top tier of makes, along with Dell and others on the Windows side.

One place where Apple is much better than Windows is in the software. I've had Windows machines that would refuse to shut down; they'd turn on and slowly roast in my backpack while I was riding and when I'd pull it out it would be as hot as a fresh pizza. I'd have desktops do the same thing. They'd refuse to shut down and I'd have to pull the plug on them.

And I still get the BSOD about once a week on both my laptop and desktop for no reason whatsoever. It's lowkey infuriating and has me looking at Apple again but only when the entire Adobe Creative Cloud and other key apps are converted to the new CPU.

I'm even looking at going back to the iPhone (I was one of the original first-day purchasers). But I refuse to buy a device with a soon-to-be-extinct Lightning connector. Oh well.

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
One place where Apple is much better than Windows is in the software. I've had Windows machines that would refuse to shut down; they'd turn on and slowly roast in my backpack while I was riding and when I'd pull it out it would be as hot as a fresh pizza. I'd have desktops do the same thing. They'd refuse to shut down and I'd have to pull the plug on them.
Yeah, sleep issues are terrible on Windows. Always have been for me. Sometimes it refuses to go to sleep, sometimes it wakes up on its own to never go back to sleep, sometimes it never wakes at all. Sleep was quite possibly the worst thing I experienced on Surface. I had to hard restart the devices at least once a week because they wouldn’t wake up. Contrast to an iPad, which sleeps and wakes near instantly, while using almost no battery in sleep mode. MS seems to want you to use hibernate, which is slower to wake and puts more unnecessary write cycles on your SSD.

John King

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
John ...
@John M Flores and @Darmok N Jalad There is something seriously wrong with how your Windows is set up, or your disk, or both.

Run a boot time CHKDSK first up.

Never allow Windows to configure its own virtual memory file. Set it to the same minimum and maximum at a reasonable value. The more physical RAM, the smaller the swap file.

Turn off all the glitzy stuff. It's BS, and eats performance.

Use Hibernation, NOT Sleep mode. You have to enable it in power options somewhere, but only once. I always have to look up how to do it!

My main workstation ran for 126 days between reboots last time. A new version of MalwareBytes made me reboot twice to get it installed properly and stable.

NEVER buy cheap Windows boxes. You don't have to spend the earth, but bottom end stuff - you get exactly what you paid for ...

I keep my main computers for about 10-12 years. Many of my working HDDs are older than that, and still in perfect condition.

Did I mention backup? Both boot image and data ...

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
@John M Flores and @Darmok N Jalad There is something seriously wrong with how your Windows is set up, or your disk, or both.

Never allow Windows to configure its own virtual memory file. Set it to the same minimum and maximum at a reasonable value. The more physical RAM, the smaller the swap file.

Use Hibernation, NOT Sleep mode. You have to enable it in power options somewhere, but only once. I always have to look up how to do it!

My main workstation ran for 126 days between reboots last time. A new version of MalwareBytes made me reboot twice to get it installed properly and stable.

NEVER buy cheap Windows boxes. You don't have to spend the earth, but bottom end stuff - you get exactly what you paid for ...

I keep my main computers for about 10-12 years. Many of my working HDDs are older than that, and still in perfect condition.

I've been building and using Windows PCs for decades now (since Windows 3.1). Windows just doesn't behave as well as Macs (or even Linux) when it comes to sleep. Like I said, I don't like hibernate, since that requires the system to write the contents of memory to the SSD, which, when performed multiple times a day over the course of years causes unneeded r/w wear on SSDs. S3 sleep should work just fine, but it just doesn't work reliably on Windows. I've owned a few Surfaces over the years, and even those had their issues.

Currently, I have PopOS installed on my 2 systems--a custom-built i7 desktop and a Dell XPS laptop, and S3 sleep works just fine on those devices. The XPS took a good amount of work to get working 100%, but that's Linux. Now that I know the steps, it's good.

A side point is that I just don't like Windows 10. It's a messy OS, with oversized UI to accommodate touch, with all the telemetry and MS pushing their wares (OneDrive, Office, Edge) on the user. WIndows 7 is EOL, so you can't build a modern rig and get proper driver support. I can't even get Intel graphics drivers for Windows 7 for my 9700K.

Quadna71

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I'm even looking at going back to the iPhone (I was one of the original first-day purchasers). But I refuse to buy a device with a soon-to-be-extinct Lightning connector. Oh well.
The one thing that is nice though is wireless charging seems to be here for the foreseeable future. I literally never plug my iPhone into anything except my car for running Google Maps on CarPlay. Otherwise it wirelessly charges at home/work and all my backups are wireless. One thing to keep in mind is to never use an unknown plug for charging..such as at a bar, sports venue, music festival, or airport. You know, those little kiosks that have cords sticking out. You never know what the other end of the cord is plugged into!

I’ve been skipping upgrades for the past 3 or 4 purchases, but my current one is still pretty new (11 Pro) but I’m considering the new one this fall purely to keep the best camera in my pocket.

John M Flores

Super Moderator

These aren't cheap Windows boxes. This has happened with 3 different Dell computers from 2016 to now - 2 XPS13 laptops and 1 Precision workstation. I used to code. I used to be IT. I used to manage offices full of Macs and PCs. I used to use Regedit. I know a little bit.

With the XPS13s, it would also happen when hibernating. It would also happen when shutting down. Dell actually took back the first XPS13 under warranty, claimed to have fixed it, and then returned it. It would still happen from time to time.

I actually posted a YouTube video of the problem in 2016 and it still gets views because people are still having this problem.

1619133627293.png

I'm 99% certain that it's a software compatibility issue - I've looked at the system logs and have seen the computer being brought out of sleep.

Just recently the problem went away on the Precision workstation after a software update. It finally goes to sleep on its own. It finally doesn't turn itself back on after a shutdown. I finally don't have to unplug it to make sure that it doesn't turn itself on. But like clockwork, I'm certain that a future software update is going to cause this problem to re-appear.

And here's the thing - it's 2021 - Windows is now middle-aged. Turning a computer on and off without issue should have been solved decades ago. I'm running licensed versions of Windows, licensed version of MS Office, licensed versions of Adobe Creative Suite. On Dell computers. In other words, the same apps that any professional can expect to run on one of the most respected hardware makers in the business. I should not have to sacrifice chickens and eat the eye of a newt to turn off my computer.

John M Flores

Super Moderator
The one thing that is nice though is wireless charging seems to be here for the foreseeable future. I literally never plug my iPhone into anything except my car for running Google Maps on CarPlay. Otherwise it wirelessly charges at home/work and all my backups are wireless. One thing to keep in mind is to never use an unknown plug for charging..such as at a bar, sports venue, music festival, or airport. You know, those little kiosks that have cords sticking out. You never know what the other end of the cord is plugged into!

I’ve been skipping upgrades for the past 3 or 4 purchases, but my current one is still pretty new (11 Pro) but I’m considering the new one this fall purely to keep the best camera in my pocket.
I use and love wireless charging too and use it at home, but when I'm on assignment and checking into the hotel at 9pm after a long day on the road and need to charge my...

1 phone
1 GPS unit
2 still cameras
2 action cameras
1 360 cameras
1 laptop
1 wireless headset
1 airbag vest
1 smartwatch

there isn't a wireless charging pad big enough or fast enough to charge them all. And I hate having to pack three separate charging bricks and then scouring around the room to find enough free outlets for them all.

In this situation, an Anker 4-5 port charging brick with USB-C cables coming out of each of the ports is the best solution.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom