Ipad app crashes with IOS7

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by jime, Sep 20, 2013.

1. jime

jime Mu-43 Regular

Sep 3, 2012
    Jonestown Texas
    App keeps crashing. I deleted it and reinstalled and it came up but as soon as I tried to log on or access any tabs it crashed.

.???

2. foxtail1

foxtail1 Science geek & photo nut

Dec 30, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Kristi
    Which iPad? I updated my iPad 3 to OS7 and haven't had any issues.

3. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I am having major issues with iPad 4 , iPhoto is very slow , snap speed is crashing all the time and opening photos takes ages . Web browsing is like web bruising .. Painful and slow :dash2:

4. stw

stw Mu-43 Regular

Jul 23, 2013
    The app crashes on my iphone 4s running ios7 too.

5. jime

jime Mu-43 Regular

Sep 3, 2012
    Jonestown Texas
    Crashes on my ipad2

The SRS forum works fine on the ipad2 so something unique. When I bring up the m4/3 app it shows stuff but after a few seconds it crashes without me doing anything.

6. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    IPhone 4 and Ipad 3 works perfect. Download was pretty fast as well.

7. Mercurio

Mercurio Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    Bogotá, Colombia
    Mauricio
    My iPhone 5 and iPad 4 are running with iOS7 without any problems: I have tried all my apps and they work perfectly.

8. gochugogi

gochugogi Mu-43 Veteran

I've been using iOS7 with my iPad 2 and iPhone 4S since Wednesday and they've been rock solid. Not a single problem yet. I did update 27 apps before the upgrade so maybe that helped. Nice interface and features. Very pleased that my battery is lasting a little longer as well.

9. jime

jime Mu-43 Regular

Sep 3, 2012
    Jonestown Texas
    M 4/3 app still not working

I removed the app from my ipad2 and also deleted it out of iTunes. Downloaded the latest and reinstalled on my ipad2 with ios7. When I bring up the app it works for about 5-8 seconds before it crashes. Not even enough time to log on. Any ideas?

10. jime

jime Mu-43 Regular

Sep 3, 2012
    Jonestown Texas
    Loaded ios7 on my iPhone 4S and it is fine so I am at a loss on why it crashes on my ipad2. When I bring it up on my ipad it runs for about 12-15 seconds, then crashes. Any idea what the app does in that time frame, maybe some option that I can turn off?

11. foxtail1

Dec 30, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Kristi
    I haven't used the app, as I tend to load the whole site in Safari when I'm using my iPad. I'll check later and see how it does for me.

12. jime

jime Mu-43 Regular

Sep 3, 2012
    Jonestown Texas
    Oops. For some reason I have the 1.6.2 version and the 1.22.6 version of the mu-43 app on my phone and only the 1.6.2 version works. So I deleted both, rebooted my phone and reinstalled the latest 1.22.6 on my phone and it still crashes. Looks like my next step is to do a restore.

13. jime

jime Mu-43 Regular

Sep 3, 2012
    Jonestown Texas
    Seems to be related to slow internet. I have Hughesnet at home where I have the problem. At work today and the app seems ok using faster network.

14. jime

jime Mu-43 Regular

Sep 3, 2012
    Jonestown Texas
    Looks like my crash problems are related to internet access quality. App was perfect every time I used it at work today on my iPhone. On the way home I had no wifi so used the app over cellular (Att) connection and it eventually crashed every time, usually 12-20 seconds into it.

15. mtipton1064

mtipton1064 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 1, 2013
    The ap seems crash on my 3rd generation iPad also when using a slow internet connection.

16. foxtail1

Dec 30, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Kristi
    Glad you got it figured out, jime. I had no problem with it when I tried it yesterday, but I had a good connection.

17. edwardconde

edwardconde Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    No issues here and i have iPad2, 3 & iphone 4s... all with iOS 7

18. chipshot713

chipshot713 Mu-43 All-Pro

May 24, 2012
    Pearland, Texas
    Kelly
    working fine on ipad2 & iphone5. you might try using tapatalk instead...good luck

19. rich9cinti

rich9cinti Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 23, 2013
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Rich
    iPhone 5 with ios7 still crashes after reinstall of app. I'm on 4G and did not have any issues until ios7 install. No biggie, I just use safari.