Ipad app crashes with IOS7

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by jime, Sep 20, 2013.

1. jime

jime Mu-43 Regular

Sep 3, 2012
    Jonestown Texas
    App keeps crashing. I deleted it and reinstalled and it came up but as soon as I tried to log on or access any tabs it crashed.

.???

2. foxtail1

foxtail1 Science geek & photo nut Subscribing Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Kristi
    Which iPad? I updated my iPad 3 to OS7 and haven't had any issues.

3. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

I am having major issues with iPad 4 , iPhoto is very slow , snap speed is crashing all the time and opening photos takes ages . Web browsing is like web bruising .. Painful and slow :dash2:

4. stw

stw Mu-43 Regular

Jul 23, 2013
    The app crashes on my iphone 4s running ios7 too.

5. jime

jime Mu-43 Regular

Sep 3, 2012
    Jonestown Texas
    Crashes on my ipad2

The SRS forum works fine on the ipad2 so something unique. When I bring up the m4/3 app it shows stuff but after a few seconds it crashes without me doing anything.

6. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    IPhone 4 and Ipad 3 works perfect. Download was pretty fast as well.

7. Mercurio

Mercurio Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    Bogotá, Colombia
    Mauricio
    My iPhone 5 and iPad 4 are running with iOS7 without any problems: I have tried all my apps and they work perfectly.

8. gochugogi

gochugogi Mu-43 Veteran

I've been using iOS7 with my iPad 2 and iPhone 4S since Wednesday and they've been rock solid. Not a single problem yet. I did update 27 apps before the upgrade so maybe that helped. Nice interface and features. Very pleased that my battery is lasting a little longer as well.

9. jime

jime Mu-43 Regular

Sep 3, 2012
    Jonestown Texas
    M 4/3 app still not working

I removed the app from my ipad2 and also deleted it out of iTunes. Downloaded the latest and reinstalled on my ipad2 with ios7. When I bring up the app it works for about 5-8 seconds before it crashes. Not even enough time to log on. Any ideas?

10. jime

jime Mu-43 Regular

Sep 3, 2012
    Jonestown Texas
    Loaded ios7 on my iPhone 4S and it is fine so I am at a loss on why it crashes on my ipad2. When I bring it up on my ipad it runs for about 12-15 seconds, then crashes. Any idea what the app does in that time frame, maybe some option that I can turn off?

11. foxtail1

Dec 30, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Kristi
    I haven't used the app, as I tend to load the whole site in Safari when I'm using my iPad. I'll check later and see how it does for me.

12. jime

jime Mu-43 Regular

Sep 3, 2012
    Jonestown Texas
    Oops. For some reason I have the 1.6.2 version and the 1.22.6 version of the mu-43 app on my phone and only the 1.6.2 version works. So I deleted both, rebooted my phone and reinstalled the latest 1.22.6 on my phone and it still crashes. Looks like my next step is to do a restore.

13. jime

jime Mu-43 Regular

Sep 3, 2012
    Jonestown Texas
    Seems to be related to slow internet. I have Hughesnet at home where I have the problem. At work today and the app seems ok using faster network.

14. jime

jime Mu-43 Regular

Sep 3, 2012
    Jonestown Texas
    Looks like my crash problems are related to internet access quality. App was perfect every time I used it at work today on my iPhone. On the way home I had no wifi so used the app over cellular (Att) connection and it eventually crashed every time, usually 12-20 seconds into it.

15. mtipton1064

mtipton1064 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 1, 2013
    The ap seems crash on my 3rd generation iPad also when using a slow internet connection.

16. foxtail1

Dec 30, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Kristi
    Glad you got it figured out, jime. I had no problem with it when I tried it yesterday, but I had a good connection.

17. edwardconde

edwardconde Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    No issues here and i have iPad2, 3 & iphone 4s... all with iOS 7

18. chipshot713

chipshot713 Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

May 24, 2012
    Pearland, Texas
    Kelly
    working fine on ipad2 & iphone5. you might try using tapatalk instead...good luck

19. rich9cinti

rich9cinti Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 23, 2013
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Rich
    iPhone 5 with ios7 still crashes after reinstall of app. I'm on 4G and did not have any issues until ios7 install. No biggie, I just use safari.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.