iOS7 - Using the Open In... feature in iOS7 to edit images from the cloud!!!

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by edwardconde, Nov 22, 2013.

1. edwardconde

edwardconde Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    I recently blogged about using the The "Open In..." feature in iOS7 to edit images (jpg & raw) from a cloud based storage service like Google Drive, Dropbox & Skydrive to name a few. Here is a snippet from the blog post:

"The "Open In..." feature is one powerful feature in iOS7. Most apps now has the ability to open a doc, image or whatever else in any installed app that can read the file type on your iPad. This option took a whole new meaning the other day when I was chatting with some fellow iPaders about editing images from the cloud on the iPad. I had already been using this feature to work within photo editing apps without having to save a copy of the image each time. The "Open In...", actually lets you do it in a quasi-cloud kinda way without having to save locally. I tested this with Google Drive, but it is possible that it works with Dropbox, Skydrive and the numerous other cloud based storage services."

Click the link below for a full walk through...

http://digitalchemicals.blogspot.com/2013/11/how-to-quasi-cloud-editing-on-ipad.html

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.