1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

iOS Update Issues

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by runner girl, Nov 20, 2012.

1. runner girl

runner girl Mu-43 Regular

Nov 26, 2011
    I updated my iPad app last night with the newest release of the Forum client - now it is (basically) bricked. I can't log in, once I leave the "current" tab I can't return, it is frozen. I have deleted and reinstalled the app several times. Any idea if there is a bug in this update release?

2. kinlau

kinlau Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    I haven't had that issue, but I find that I do have to start the app in portrait mode before switching to landscape, otherwise the right side of the screen isn't active.

3. runner girl

Nov 26, 2011
    Doing that did work, thanks - but to un-freeze things I had to turn my iPad off then on - that is not how things should work... There must be a bug...

4. runner girl

Nov 26, 2011
    I am amazed that I am the only one having issues with this update... The work-around suggested by kinlau worked yesterday but not today. I am not sure how to contact Amin about this question - perhaps he will see this post?

5. dav1dz

dav1dz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    Canada
    I just use the website. Especially on the iPad. What does the app offer on top of visiting the website?

I bet a lot of us aren't using the app which is why only few responded to this thread.

6. runner girl

Nov 26, 2011
    I find the app much cleaner, visually, than the web site and easier to read. It is also not cluttered with ads and other junk.

• Like Like x 1
  7. kevwilfoto

kevwilfoto Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 23, 2011
    Colorado
    Which app? The old mu-43 app? Yeah, that app doesn't work. I use TapTalk and have no issues.

8. runner girl

Nov 26, 2011
    I am not familiar with taptalk - is it an app?

9. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    Im usin it now :cool:

Runnergirl, did you try to install the app on another iOS device? All of my iOS devices have the mu-43 app running OK.

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 App

10. edwardconde

edwardconde Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yeah I am experiencing the same thing. Only certain areas of the screen work in either portrait or landscape. I have not updated my iphone yet.

I like that app... I wish some of the forums I am part of had a similar app.

thx

11. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    I dont think that the iOS app is version limited since im using this 3rd generation iPod touch running iOS 4.2.1

Sent from my iPod touch using Mu-43 App

12. runner girl

Nov 26, 2011
    It seems to work fine on my iPhone after update. However, the appearance of the app is and has always been much different on the iPhone.

13. kinlau

kinlau Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    It's really easy to see the problem. Kill the app, and the restart it in landscape mode, and the right side of the screen will not work.

14. Mercurio

Mercurio Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    Bogotá, Colombia
    Mauricio
    I am using Tapatalk with iOS 6.0.1, an app that allows me to follow different forums, without problems.

15. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    Nope, no problem in mine... Something must be wrong with my mu-43 app :confused:

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 App

16. Mogul

Mogul Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2012
    It's time for a reset. Call Apple and they will talk you through it. You should lose nothing with the reset, no apps, no data; all will be retained.

UPDATE: Here is a site to walk you through a reset:
    http://ipod.about.com/od/ipad/qt/restart-ipad.htm

17. jime

jime Mu-43 Regular

Sep 3, 2012
    Jonestown Texas
    I'm having the same problem

Opening the app in portrait mode first resolves the problem on my ipad. Make sure the app is closed before restarting or it won't resolve the problem.

• Like Like x 2
  18. kinlau

kinlau Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    Are you using an iPhone or iPad?

Seems like it's iPad users.

19. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    I use an iPad, too. Mine doesnt have any problem on any iOS device (ipad iphone ipod touch)

Update/edit : PMed Amin about this just now

Sent from my iPod Touch using Mu-43 App

20. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Our developer is aware of these issues and working on an update. Sorry for the problems. They are apparently having trouble keeping up with the iOS and Android releases.

• Like Like x 2