iOS defishing app?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Whtrbt7, May 17, 2015.

1. Whtrbt7

Whtrbt7 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2014
    Anyone know if there is an iOS defishing app? I want to be able to defish on an iPad Air 2.
  2. ahinesdesign

ahinesdesign Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 6, 2011
    NC, USA
    I use

Works great for correcting all sorts of distortion, including fisheye / barrel distortion. It may not completely remove very extreme distortion...

There are others on the App Store, but SKRWT is the best one I've used.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. MarkRyan

MarkRyan Instagram: @MRSallee

May 3, 2013
    Seconded. SKRWT is indeed a great app.
  4. Whtrbt7

Whtrbt7 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2014
    Wow! SKRWT is flat out awesome. It's pretty good for defishing on the fly. It's not completely accurate on all ends but it's good enough for mobile usage. it can't seem to correct mustache distortion a but for fisheye it's pretty good. Thanks for the recommendation. Any other good apps out there?
  5. GFFPhoto

GFFPhoto Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2013
    The recently updated Snapseed (free), VSCOcam (many free filters), and Touchretouch, are all great. The only good NR I found is Photogene4, and if you edit a lot of portraits in iOS, Facetune is fantastic and a must have. You will be surprised at the mobile editing you can do with those and SKWRT.
  6. Whtrbt7

Whtrbt7 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2014
    I used Snapseed before but since I own Photogene, PhotoRAW, and Pixelmator, it's a little redundant. I have VSCOcam just because I own all of VSCO filters for PS on the Mac. It's pretty good. On that same line, I also have Filterstorm neue. I took a look at Facetune as you mentioned but it looks a little too airbrushy to me. I normally use channel separated skin enhancement which looks more natural. Maybe it's just the images they put on their app, but it looks a little too artificial compared to other methods I have used. The iPad could be a great main photo editor if only it had an active digitizer, more storage and a little bit more horsepower.
  7. GFFPhoto

GFFPhoto Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2013
    Snapseed had a major update recently. Its worth checking out again, especially since its free. They added a lot of stuff, tonal contrast being my favorite addition. You can also now use any of the effects as a brush. That functionality is kind of hidden. You might have to google how to do it. (I saw that tip on a YouTube video made by a forum member, but I can't remember who it was). And Facetune really is great if you do a lot of portraits. Even if you don't buy it now, keep an eye on it. I've seen it on sale when they discounted their "app essentials". You can easily moderate how much the files are effected. It does the portrait stuff that I haven't seen anywhere else on iOS, and it really is one of the best mobile editors for portraits.
    Last edited: May 20, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales
    Just downloaded SKRWT, pity it cannot be rotated on my iPad to landscape.....or can it :hmmm: