Intuos 5 vs Intuos 4 or other comparable tablet

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by wildrob, Jan 16, 2014.

1. wildrob

wildrob New to Mu-43

Nov 4, 2013
    Hey, I broke down and cancelled my Wall Street Journal subscription and deferred the subscription fees to a Photoshop CC subscription. So far, I'm having a blast (much more opportunity than just using Lightroom). I was wondering if anyone has any experience with using a drawing tablet for post-production of photos. And, if so, what are your recommendations? Small vs Medium or Large? Brand? Wireless? Ease of use?

I haven't the slightest idea what it will be like drawing on something while looking at the computer screen.

2. biomed

biomed Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 22, 2013
    Seattle area
    Mike
    I purchased a large Intuos 5 and am still learning and getting used to it. It seems to work well with CS6 and LR5. I keep a trackball connected for general screen navigation.

3. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
    I get on well with the small tablet size for photo retouching. The size is not limiting in any way.
    I use a market leading brand one. But I hear the other brands are just as good.

4. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    I got a refurbished Wacom Pen and Tablet Medium from Amazon for $130. Love it! great size, pressure sensitive pen, 4 function buttons. My daughter even uses it for her art.

Used it in Lightroom and PS CC 2014.