Introduction with pictures

alefa

Mu-43 Rookie
Hello, my name is Gita. I've been lurking in this forum for a while and even posted a few photos. Just recently I came across this introduction section and thought I might as well introduce myself properly.

I've been shooting with an Olympus EM5 II, which is my first interchangeable lens camera, for a year. Since I'm a biologist, I'm mainly interested in nature photography. My study subjects are flowering plants and the insects that pollinate them, so that's what I started photographing when I bought the camera for a three-month long field trip to South Africa last year. Here are a few pictures from that trip (all taken with the 60mm macro):

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I live in the south-western corner of Germany, in the city of Freiburg. This is a picture of the sun rising over the valley where I live:

I've been enjoying seeing everyone's pictures so far. I'll post some more of my own soon.

MNm43

Mu-43 Veteran
Welcome Gita. Nice introductory photos and welcome to the frustrating/rewarding world of macro!

alefa

Mu-43 Rookie
Welcome Gita. Nice introductory photos and welcome to the frustrating/rewarding world of macro!
Frustrating indeed! By now I've built a complete macro rig, including a flash, DIY difffusor and Raynox 250 achromat. I can get sharper photos at higher magnification, but I'm rarely entirely happy with them.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom