1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Introduction to Kirk

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by kirktuck, Apr 1, 2010.

1. kirktuck

kirktuck New to Mu-43

Apr 1, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I found this forum from Michael Johnston's site: the onllne photographer. I've been using the EP-2 since it came out and recently added the EPL. I've written a bunch of different blogs about the micro 4:3rds stuff on my blog at
    www.visualsciencelab.blogspot.com and my regular website is: www.kirktuck.com

I have to disclose that I am speaking on behalf of Olympus at a paid presenter in May for the Austin Photo Expo, which is a big two day show here in central Texas.

I bought my first Pen camera in 1982 and my wife gave me a complete Pen (film) system as an egagement gift in 1985. Still have all of it. Optimist?

2. deckitout

deckitout Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Essex UK
    Welcome to a great forum, I look forward to your input

3. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    Lisa
    Welcome Kirk! I have read your blog before.

4. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Welcome Kirk, please make yourself at home :friends:

Cheers

Brian

5. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    enjoy........ cheers from nyc

6. JoeG

JoeG Mu-43 Regular

Hi Kurt,

I follow your blog almost daily, mostly for the images and commentary, but also because your talk of Austin brings back happy memories of living there on beans as a graduate student in the sixties.

Keep up the good work.

7. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
  8. pete

pete Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2010
    Phoenix, Az
    Welcome...love your science blog...

9. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Hi Kirk, good to see you here!

10. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Kirk, I'm glad you found your way here to mu43.com. One of your blog reviews of the E-P2, along with one on TOP, helped me make my decision to buy my own E-P2.

Your blog is well written, thoughtful and very helpful. Glad to have you aboard and I look forward to your involvement in some of the discussions here! :thumbup:

11. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Kirk, you made it to the right place !

12. Michael

Michael Mu-43 Regular

Hi Kirk,
    Welcome to the world micro four thirds, sort of minimalist! I will take this opportunity to thank you for writing probably the best book in print on flash photography, again minimalist! My natural bent has been to avoid flash as it not really needed for the bulk of my professional work, natural light, patience and luck are the general rules although I do use macro flash when all of the former three fail... My first Pen was a Pen EE which was smashed by a Russian Customs officer / Red Guard in Moscow in 1973 the worst thing was that I wasn't even shooting at the time!
    Michael

13. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

Welcome!