introduction to group

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Magic246, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Magic246

Magic246 New to Mu-43

Jun 28, 2010

I just joined after purchasing an E-P2 after seeing reviews and becoming enamoured with the idea of using a camera that fits in the hand like a 35mm film camera. It just feels so good in my hand that I want to take it out shooting all the time. Also, its a very beautiful machine.

My story: A retired Cinematographer for around 20 years, in the Hollywood studio system and in Europe. Having taken up still photography in my late 50's which has become an obsession for around the last 15 years. Spend almost all my waking hours doing it with the standard Canon complements. Recently thinking about trying to do 4X5 again. I now live in the far Northern part of the California coast......So on.

Followed Brian's trail of breadcrumbs from the DP review site, where he responded to a question that I had. (Was the first time I have ever posted to a site like these and dont quite have the hang of it) I'm happy to be a part of such a congenial group and glad I missed the "my way or the highway" mentalities.

David Pal
    • Like Like x 5
  2. vincechu

vincechu Mu-43 Regular

thanks for introducing yourself :)

Welcome to the forums, hope you'll enjoy it here,

3. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome David - your experience will be very welcome here.
  4. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Welcome David :friends:

I hope you will join us here in making a true home for m4/3rds :2thumbs:

5. Letrow

Letrow Mu-43 Regular

Jun 16, 2010
    Hi David, good to have you hear.
  6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

David, thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself and I really look forward to your involvement here. Good for you for tracking Brian's "breadcrumbs".:wink: Looking forward to some of your E-P2 photos, soon!
  7. mauve

mauve Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2010
    Paris, France
    Welcome David, and make yourself a home here.

If you already have that impulse of taking pictures all the time, why not join our wonderful project "one picture a day" ? It's easy, go to the blog section, and click "post to your blog". You embed a picture from your gallery or from a remote site (flickr, smugmug, picasa...) there, with a title numbering your image. Some of us have been doing it for quite some time, and it's a great way to share experience and exchange. The goal of the project is to reach 90 pictures / days.

Looking forward to see your pictures (even if you don't join the PAD, there are galleries to display your work).

8. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello David and welcome here !
  9. Magic246

Magic246 New to Mu-43

Jun 28, 2010
    Hi, and thank you for the kind and welcoming words. I am looking forward to taking more pictures as soon as some minor complications recede from recent cataract surgery. Looks like it will be a month or so.

Regards to you all.

• Like Like x 1
  10. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

David, I'm sorry for the complications, and can only imagine your frustration. Here's to a speedy and complete recovery!:flowers_2: