Introduction from Australia

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Dave0, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Dave0

Dave0 New to Mu-43

Jun 24, 2013
    Hello everyone, it seems that this is the default place to put put your first post after creating an account... I have been checking this forum for months and figured it was time to join.

I got started in the 4/3 camera arena by about 16 months ago as a gift to myself after the birth of my second child I purchased a GH2, it seemed a good choice to explore my photography hobby and get some excellent videos to embarrass children as they turn 21!

As with many users, The EVF sensor, Manual controls and video capability made the GH2 my first choice.

Soon after I ordered a GF3 for my wife and have built up a collection of lenses such as the 20mm 1.7, panasonic 100-300 and the 45-175 panasonic, to extend on the kit lenses that arrived with the bodies.

This proved to be a very significant upgrade from my old 5 MP FZ-20 super-zoom and my wife's 6 MP FX3 !

I found it much easier to justify the expense of the lenses if my very understanding (and forgiving) life partner could share in their use!

About a week ago I spotted GH3 at a Melbourne camera store, and purchased it later that day, as the build quality, and general feel of the body was irresistible, along with some of the more practical improvements.

Luckily handing over a GH2 to my wife helped to soften the blow when it came to justifying the upfront cash
  2. Atom Ant

Atom Ant Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 24, 2012
    Melbourne, OZ
    Welcome to the community Dave. Look around here and a few other places and you'll find a few fellow ?43 users around Melbourne. :)

Embarrassing the kids in years to come sounds like a good plan.
  3. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Welcome aboard, Dave!

Glad you decided to join us.

4. baddog

baddog Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 3, 2013
    Welcome Dave,
    I hope you enjoy the forum.

Steve at Port Stephens, NSW.