1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Introduction from Arizona

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by bwalker2117, Jan 26, 2011.

1. bwalker2117

bwalker2117 New to Mu-43

Jan 26, 2011
    Hi everyone!

My wife and I just purchased an Olympus E-PL1 last night. So far, I love it. I have been using the same P&S for the past 5 years, and decided it was time to upgrade. The choice was made easier by the fact that whenever I tried to zoom in, the camera would turn off. I did a lot of research and settled on the E-PL1. It was in the price range I was looking to spend, and seems to be a good mix of the simplicity of a P&S, and the ability to customize that an SLR has. We bought it from Best Buy with the 40-150mm zoom lens.

I look forward to sharing all of the wonderful photos I am going to take with everyone on this website.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome, and Hello from Scotland. That's a nice camera you've chosen. There are lots of E-PL1 users here for you to talk to. Hope you have a nice time with your new cam.

All the best,

Colin

3. jalex

jalex Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Jane
    Welcome to the group. I'm sure you are really going to enjoy that combination.

4. GregU

GregU Mu-43 Regular

Jan 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Welcome. As the others have said, that's a great lens combination. You are going to love the pictures you take. Just be sure to spend some time going over the E-PL1 manual. There is a lot to take in!

5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

bwalker, welcome! Congratulations on making your move to the E-PL1.:biggrin: I am sure you and your wife will really enjoy this camera. Make yourself at home and please share some of your photos with us when you can.

6. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Welcome aboard!

Greetings from (snowing again) New England

Alan