Introducing Steve from Wales

saltwatersteve

New to Mu-43
Real Name
Steve Hall
Hi everyone - just joined the forum, I'm Steve Hall, based in South Wales. Before covid locked us all at home I was a regular traveller with work, averaging 15-20 overseas trips a year. I'm a professional marine science, technology and policy guy and took up micro 4/3 about 8 years ago as the kit was so much more compact than the Nikon gear I was using, especially when travelling for work. I'd previously tried the original Four Thirds cameras and liked what Olympus and Panasonic were trying to do.
I'm a fan of the art modes on the Olympus - living in a land where it's often cloudy and grey, I like the way Olympus process grey skies - example of local scenery attached, taken in Dramatic Tone II - I'd be fascinated to know what algorithm is actually run to deliver that look, haven't been able to duplicate it so far.
I tend to work on the coasts and off boats so appreciate the weather sealing on the Olympus EM-1ii & 12-40 combo that I mostly use - it rains a lot in Wales too!
Looking forward to engaging with the community.
Steve

Attachments

• EM1H0479.jpg
    EM1H0479.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 165

Avondale87

Tasmania
Real Name
Richard
welcome Steve from DownUnder

I think there's some others of your origins on this forum.

we live in a house built by a Welshman and his wife. The garage door is at about my eye height! ?

OldRex

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Mark
Hey Steve, welcome aboard from the other side of the planet.
This is a nice place you have wondered into.

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ross
Hi everyone - just joined the forum, I'm Steve Hall, based in South Wales. Before covid locked us all at home I was a regular traveller with work, averaging 15-20 overseas trips a year. I'm a professional marine science, technology and policy guy and took up micro 4/3 about 8 years ago as the kit was so much more compact than the Nikon gear I was using, especially when travelling for work. I'd previously tried the original Four Thirds cameras and liked what Olympus and Panasonic were trying to do.
I'm a fan of the art modes on the Olympus - living in a land where it's often cloudy and grey, I like the way Olympus process grey skies - example of local scenery attached, taken in Dramatic Tone II - I'd be fascinated to know what algorithm is actually run to deliver that look, haven't been able to duplicate it so far.
I tend to work on the coasts and off boats so appreciate the weather sealing on the Olympus EM-1ii & 12-40 combo that I mostly use - it rains a lot in Wales too!
Looking forward to engaging with the community.
Steve
G'day Steve,
I'm from that downunder place of similar name, New South Wales.
Glad to know you appreciate the Art Filters, something I first experienced in minimal form on my E-30 DSLR (I must dig it out & show it a little love again). My newest camera is also the E-M1 II (can't justify the cost of later models (yet). With a new sensor as a possibility in the next model, then who knows, I might just be able to convince my better half that I need it. ;)
Cheers, Ross. :drinks:
PS I have family up north of you.

Panolyman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Brian
Hi Steve,
here's a big :Welcome: from sunny Pembrokeshire.

Rain in Wales! Surely you're mistaken. :laugh:

I'm sure you'll enjoy your time on here and I too look forward to seeing more of your pics.
I also like the Dramatic Tone filter on my E-M10 Mk 3.

Shadetree

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Butch Oakey
Welcome Steve from Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA! Like the shot you posted. My ancestors are from Wales but don't know which part. Think you will find this is a great forum and you already know how great the Olympus cameras are but the Panasonics are too as are their lenses.

Latest threads

Top Bottom