Introducing Myself

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Billy, May 16, 2012.

1. Billy

Billy New to Mu-43

May 16, 2012
    The 4/3 category has fascinated me from it's inception. I have a lot of great glass from film cameras that I would love to use. I do not have a body as yet, but am considering an E-P1 with proper adapters. I have several Nikon, Canon and Zeiss lenses(from a Contarex) that I will put back into play again.

I have been a film photographer since way back in the 50's and digital since it began. My dad was a industrial photographer and he started me out " shaking those film cannisters" when I was 9, gave me an old Argus C-3 and I was hooked.

I have used everything from the C-3 to Dad' Speedgraphics, Exacta's, and his Contarex Bullseye ( that I still have).

I do have an Engineering Cad background along with my computer jobs, so the migration to photo related software was a given. I am fairly proficient with Photoshop and other related programs as well as most every aspect of working on personal computers for myself and family.

I do look forward to an enjoyable experience on this site and hope to contribute in whatever way I can to make life more enjoyable for others.

Thank you for this opportunity to do so......Billy
    • Like Like x 4
  2. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Welcome aboard Billy!
  3. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Welcome Billy!! Looking forward to your contributions!!
  4. jalex

jalex Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Welcome Billy!
  5. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    Welcome to the forum!!
  6. tubedriver

tubedriver Mu-43 Regular

Mar 30, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Welcome Billy. I am sure you will love it here!
  7. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Welcome. It's a treat to get old glass back in action. Good luck choosing the right body. I look forward to your contributions
  8. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA

I'm a bit curious as to why you're considering the E-P1 as your prime target. To my thinking the E-P2 is a much more versatile camera simply because of the ability to add the electronic viewfinder (VF-2 or VF-3), which is a very desirable accessory when you are using manual focus lenses. The cost difference between the two bodies (used) is roughly $30-60, which, to me, is well worth it for the additional versatility.

In fact, I would probably target the E-PL2, which adds a pop-up flash. You should be able to find an E-PL2 for roughly the same price as the E-P2. The only real negative spec-wise that I see from the E-P2 to the E-PL2 is the lack of the orientation sensor.