1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Introducing Myself

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Billy, May 16, 2012.

1. Billy

Billy New to Mu-43

May 16, 2012
    Michigan
    The 4/3 category has fascinated me from it's inception. I have a lot of great glass from film cameras that I would love to use. I do not have a body as yet, but am considering an E-P1 with proper adapters. I have several Nikon, Canon and Zeiss lenses(from a Contarex) that I will put back into play again.

I have been a film photographer since way back in the 50's and digital since it began. My dad was a industrial photographer and he started me out " shaking those film cannisters" when I was 9, gave me an old Argus C-3 and I was hooked.

I have used everything from the C-3 to Dad' Speedgraphics, Exacta's, and his Contarex Bullseye ( that I still have).

I do have an Engineering Cad background along with my computer jobs, so the migration to photo related software was a given. I am fairly proficient with Photoshop and other related programs as well as most every aspect of working on personal computers for myself and family.

I do look forward to an enjoyable experience on this site and hope to contribute in whatever way I can to make life more enjoyable for others.

Thank you for this opportunity to do so......Billy

• Like Like x 4
  2. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Welcome aboard Billy!

3. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Welcome Billy!! Looking forward to your contributions!!

4. jalex

jalex Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Jane
    Welcome Billy!

5. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    Welcome to the forum!!

6. tubedriver

tubedriver Mu-43 Regular

Mar 30, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Shaun
    Welcome Billy. I am sure you will love it here!

7. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    Welcome. It's a treat to get old glass back in action. Good luck choosing the right body. I look forward to your contributions

8. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Welcome!

I'm a bit curious as to why you're considering the E-P1 as your prime target. To my thinking the E-P2 is a much more versatile camera simply because of the ability to add the electronic viewfinder (VF-2 or VF-3), which is a very desirable accessory when you are using manual focus lenses. The cost difference between the two bodies (used) is roughly $30-60, which, to me, is well worth it for the additional versatility.

In fact, I would probably target the E-PL2, which adds a pop-up flash. You should be able to find an E-PL2 for roughly the same price as the E-P2. The only real negative spec-wise that I see from the E-P2 to the E-PL2 is the lack of the orientation sensor.