Intro

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by speedy, Nov 27, 2015.

1. speedy

speedy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 27, 2015
    Hi all. Not sure how it works here, but thought I'd post a bit of an intro. Long time lurker, & reader, now finally an mu4/3 owner.
    Have had my eye on 4/3 for quite a long time. The continuous AF tracking performance has always put me off a little, but since Panny came out with their DFD, I thought it was about time to jump in. Especially when someone on another forum posted an absolutely cracking deal on the GX8, with bonus 25 1.7 lens. I actually prefer the G7 form factor, but the 8's features swayed me over. Namely, the IBIS, & 1/8000 shutter speed. The tilty flippy EVF helps too. And the newer sensor.
    I currently shoot with Canon, a 6D and a few 1.8-2.8 primes. My favorite being the humble 40 mm pancake. The Panny 20 1.7 should see me right there :)  I'm also quite fond of the Canon 50 mm STM. Once again, the 25 1.7 should cover that. The big drawcard for me, is when I want to shoot telephoto. There seems to be a really good range of 350-600 mm equivalent lenses in the lineup. That are both quite compact, and reasonably priced. I actually also have an EOS M, which I have the 11-22 ultrawide, & also a 55-250 STM. As anything tele for the 6D gets really big, heavy & quite expensive rather rapidly. Unfortunately, the AF speed is a little bit lacking with tele lenses for my liking. I'm hoping that the GX8 will cover all bases, & provide a one camera solution. I really like shooting primes the most, & 4/3 seems to have quite a decent selection to choose from. Far far better than Canon & Nikons APS-C range anyway. Another large attraction. Now just waiting for it to turn up (the GX8) so I can have a bit of a play with it.
    Cheers all. You'll probably hear/read quite a few stupid sounding questions for a while, until I get my head around the new format.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Graham
    The only stupid questions are the ones you're afraid to ask. Welcome to the mu-43.com forum!

3. Web-Betty

Web-Betty Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jun 16, 2013
    Denver
    Melissa
    Welcome aboard!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.