intro

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by tedlegrand, Mar 13, 2014.

1. tedlegrand

tedlegrand Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 13, 2014
    montreal, qc
    eric
    Hi all. I'm happy to join the m4/3 gang.
    Let me explain the path I took which led me to choose this system. I mainly use my cameras for family pics and occasional recreational photography. About 5 bears ago I started getting more interested in quality photographs and decided to get a DSLR. I had picked olympus E-510 because of its great value: two lens kit plus ibis at a low price. At the time, the other close competitor was Pentax. I liked the idea that I could purchase any lens and I would become stabilized. I had purchased the sigma 30mm 1.4 for my E-510, then it never left the body. I loved that combo. But recently, I wanted to add vide capability for family memories. Going to only m4/3 was a natural choice because of ibis. Unfortunately my old lenses don't work well with my new body, but the new lenses are incredibly small! At the time I got the e-pm2, the great value 2 lens bundle, but still was a great camera for the price. I quickly got the 20mm f1.7 giving my much better quality in a much smaller package, then expanded my kit with good value lenses like 45mm 1.8 7.5mm 3.5 and 40-150mm. Very happy with my gear and glad to be able to learn and contribute here.

2. Web-Betty

Web-Betty Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2013
    Denver
    MJ
    Welcome aboard! Make sure to share some pics in the various galleries. :)

3. Jason C

Jason C Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 10, 2014
    SoCal
    Welcome Eric.

Jason

4. Neftun

Neftun Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 15, 2012
    Norway
    Patrick Kristiansen
    Welcome indeed.