1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Intro from Tomás

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by tomas, Feb 11, 2011.

1. tomas

tomas Mu-43 Regular

Hello All,

Have been lurking around this forum for a week or so. Just discovered this forum when I sold most of my Olympus glass on eBay to finance my entry into the micro FT world.

I have not abandoned the standard FT system; I've just trimmed it to one body and two lenses for those situations where they excel: low light/action. Think grandfather: violin recitals/soccer matches, etc. It was just too much to carry with me on overseas trips and I've been watching developments in the mFT world for some time.

I have not done much with my new system. Will give it a workout in the next few weeks.

I expect it will be my normal/travel system. I bought into the Olympus micro FT system because of its low weight, small size, sharp/small Olympus and Panasonic (fast) glass. The final clincher for me was when Olympus introduced a pen camera body with the same sensor as my e=30

I am not a professional photographer and most of my photography is people and travel. I will share whenever I think I can contribute something worthwhile. However, I view myself mostly as a learner who values information/advice from those who operate far above my pedestrian level.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Tomas, welcome....
    Knowledge is the key,
    Learning is the secret...
    And by teaching I will be taught....

So your questions will bring out the best in all of us.
    Post away my friend...
    Don

• Like Like x 2
  3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Yes, welcome Tomás and please don't hold back on sharing your pictures. We're all pedestrians on our way somewhere, so we might as well enjoy each other. And thanks so much for taking the time to introduce yourself!:biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome Tomas, and Hello from Scotland. I'm an early stage learner, but really enjoy m4/3 for the feeling of freedom I have found in it's use. The DSLR rarely makes it out of the house these days :eek:

All the best,

Colin

5. tomas

tomas Mu-43 Regular

Was in Scotland 2x. Love Scotland and the people: a lot like Ireland (I have Irish ancestors) but with bigger mountains. Found the people very sympatico, just like Celts everywhere.

I play the GHB here in WNY with a grade 5 band. Started on the pipes at age 62. I love playing the pipes. Am with a very understanding pipe major--a very rare breed that.

The pipes and photography. What else do you need?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Welcome Thomas! Nice to have you here, and hope to see some of your work in the near future.

From Icy cold New England.... Welcome aboard!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Glad you had a good time over here, and I love the pipes too, but I'm a fiddler myself. Radio Scotland has a great pipe music show on Sundays, which I always listen to. Here's the most recent:

BBC iPlayer - Pipeline: 05/02/2011

All the best,

Colin

• Like Like x 2
  8. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Colin,
    I can't thank you enough for that link. The pipes are my favorite music except chant.
    Thank you sir.... much appreciated....
    don

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Glad you like it Don :smile:

10. tomas

tomas Mu-43 Regular

Thanks for the link.

The College of Piping from Glasgow held a workshop over here in WNY last summer. I attended: world champion grade 1 pipers were the instructors. Wonderful experience.
    Tomás

• Like Like x 1