Into the green, deep in the blue... Explosion of color in slow-motion !

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by Philmyself, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Philmyself

Philmyself Mu-43 Regular

Oct 7, 2012
    The Color Run In Marseille, France.
    Shot with GH4, 1080p 96FPS
    Lens 12-35mm, 35-100mm & 7-14.
    Definitly, the GH4 is dustproof !

[video=vimeo;108167865]https://vimeo.com/108167865[/video]

• Like Like x 3
  2. teddoman

teddoman Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2013
    nyc
    Loved it. Good job capturing the energy and fun (and color!) of the event.

3. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Graham
    Looks like a nuts event. Will have to do some reading on it. A sealed camera and lens is obviously a must!

4. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    Does anyone know what it is that they throw on people? All that comes to mind is the crap that would build up in peoples lungs etc running through that muck.

5. teddoman

teddoman Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2013
    nyc
    As someone suffering from a really bad 2 month old cough right now, I was thinking the same thing. I wonder how many asthma attacks get induced in this event.

6. Philmyself

Philmyself Mu-43 Regular

Oct 7, 2012
    Thanks for your comments !

From the FAQ Color Run page :

What is the colour made from? Does it stain?

The coloured powder we use is made from corn-starch and natural food dyes. It will wash out of your clothes, however we suggest you leave your designer gear at home! Only wear what you’re willing to get colourful ;)

But I don't think it would be a great idea to participate if you have asthma.

7. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    Yes, my thoughts too. I had that cough for almost 3 weeks myself. The camera work and editing was great OP....I don't personally get the widespread interest in these events. (tough mudder etc). Mixing powdered dyes with breathing and sweating seems like a bad recipe. I'm sure it's inspired by the Indian holiday, but no thanks.

9. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    As wjiang already mentioned these things are absolute disasters for cameras and lenses. Stay away from these events with your gear!

As to the event itself it is run by a for-profit entity. That's probably the reason they are so popular, a lot of marketing going on...

10. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    Yes..having recently seen an episode of shark tank, I saw a company running a mud obstacle race, a bull run and tomato war (copying the original festivals)...and there's some serious money to be made on these at $75-150/head or more. Seems faddy/ trendy though.