Interview with GH1 hacker (Vitaly Kiselev).

JoepLX3

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Yeah interesing and he knows about Japanese culture...
- With their game console business, Sony indeed has much more feeling with the people than Nikon and Canon. FF will continue for some time, but it seems to me that compact and cheaper to make have better possibilities.

Oh, no company should underestimate Samsung in any market, with Korean mentality the initial products may fail, but they will try again and again, just like on the soccer field. :wink:

Where are Intel and Microsoft in this reality game?

JoepLX3

Mu-43 Top Veteran
But to my knowledge warranties are gone, or you have to get it done by a certified service guy...:cool:

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
That implies that a service tech understands the hack.
There's a guy at getdpi named Vivek,
I would check with him 1st. I think he's very informed with this tech stuff.

akulya

Mu-43 Veteran
My understanding is that the firmware can be rewritten ad infinitum - therefore if you are running hacked firmware and you drop your camera; providing you can still turn it on, you would be able to upload the "offical" version over the "hacked" one and hand it over with a smile to your helpful repair person.

If I am mistaken, please correct me.

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
My understanding is that the firmware can be rewritten ad infinitum - therefore if you are running hacked firmware and you drop your camera; providing you can still turn it on, you would be able to upload the "offical" version over the "hacked" one and hand it over with a smile to your helpful repair person.

If I am mistaken, please correct me.
I'm not so sure about that.
That issue needs to be clarified.
We here at this forum don't sanction this.
If you do this hack stuff, your on your own.

akulya

Mu-43 Veteran
Of course, just because something can be done; does not mean it should be done.

Best wishes and good luck whatever your personal choice :)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom