1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

International warranty?

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by lfd, May 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. lfd

lfd New to Mu-43

May 16, 2016
    Brasília, DF, BR
    Leandro
    Is there a vendor of Micro Four Thirds camera bodies still offering international (global) warranties?

My old Olympus Four Thirds and Micro Four Thirds equipment benefitted from such warranties, as well as my Leica Digilux 3. Now Leica abandoned Four Thirds, and neither Panasonic, nor Olympus nor Kodak are selling system (μ4:3) cameras in my country anymore.

So, if any of the current vendors still have global warranties, this would be my only choice to either buy or endorse for friends & family.

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  2. Dave Reynell

Dave Reynell Guest

I would be very surprised. Local importers tend to offer local (only) warranties. I live in South Africa and have a seven-year old Panasonic G1 (the very first mirrorless camera), I purchased it in the United Kingdom aware that Panasonic had no official agent in my country. The camera still functions perfectly (so it should !), but had it gone belly up in the first year of its life I'd have had to send it to the UK for attention.

3. lfd

lfd New to Mu-43

May 16, 2016
    Brasília, DF, BR
    Leandro
    So sad, but I guess you are right. I guess I got spoiled by the much-missed Olympus international warranty.