1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

International Version EM5 II for $799

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by drd1135, Oct 2, 2015.

1. bacil

bacil Mu-43 Regular

Nov 24, 2012
    Minnesota
    Would Olympus USA service it if needed? I mean not warranty but paid service.

2. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    It's my understanding that Olympus uses a 3rd party for their camera repair. I'm sure you could direct a question to Precision Camera & video repair in Connecticut. I assume a repair would be handled just like on an American one that had gone out of its' warranty period. Anything can be fixed.....for a price. I imported an E-M1 and saved several hundred. I've never needed a repair (on ANY camera), but figure if I do, I have a few hundred to put towards it.

3. bacil

bacil Mu-43 Regular

Nov 24, 2012
    Minnesota
    Thanks Luke. I saw E-M1 in silver on the bay for $699 new with free shipping from Korea. 100% positive seller. Very tempting.

4. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    if it is the user worlddigital2000, that was who I bought my kit from. There was no funny business and I received it in around a week....maybe even less, I can't recall. I just know it was fast. Also the box was sealed and it is clearly a factory new model. If you're the kind that lives in fear about something bad happening and will worry about the warranty, I'd say to skip it. I'm living worry-free with mine.

You may consider looking into a 3rd party warranty (if there is such a thing available). And if you use Paypal (which I think is the only choice), you are at the minimum covered against loss in shipping or receiving a broken camera.