1. All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

International Version EM5 II for $799

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by drd1135, Oct 2, 2015.

1. bacil

bacil Mu-43 Regular

Nov 24, 2012
    Minnesota
    Would Olympus USA service it if needed? I mean not warranty but paid service.

2. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    It's my understanding that Olympus uses a 3rd party for their camera repair. I'm sure you could direct a question to Precision Camera & video repair in Connecticut. I assume a repair would be handled just like on an American one that had gone out of its' warranty period. Anything can be fixed.....for a price. I imported an E-M1 and saved several hundred. I've never needed a repair (on ANY camera), but figure if I do, I have a few hundred to put towards it.

3. bacil

bacil Mu-43 Regular

Nov 24, 2012
    Minnesota
    Thanks Luke. I saw E-M1 in silver on the bay for $699 new with free shipping from Korea. 100% positive seller. Very tempting.

4. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    if it is the user worlddigital2000, that was who I bought my kit from. There was no funny business and I received it in around a week....maybe even less, I can't recall. I just know it was fast. Also the box was sealed and it is clearly a factory new model. If you're the kind that lives in fear about something bad happening and will worry about the warranty, I'd say to skip it. I'm living worry-free with mine.

You may consider looking into a 3rd party warranty (if there is such a thing available). And if you use Paypal (which I think is the only choice), you are at the minimum covered against loss in shipping or receiving a broken camera.