International Camera Shop?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by zerotiu, Dec 5, 2011.

1. zerotiu

zerotiu Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 13, 2011
    Indonesia-Singapore
    I need hoya 37mm and 46mm. I can get this easily when I'm in Singapore but currently I'm in Indonesia until February.

I bought crappy kokaii and nisi filter, you can only find these brands for filter size below 52mm here in Indonesia.

I've searched all ebay and amazon but damn, no one wants to ship to Indonesia.

Maybe someone knows an international cheap camera store?

Thank you

2. timothysoong

timothysoong Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 10, 2011
    Taipei, Taiwan
    I'm looking for a 37mm too as its all out of stock everywhere in Taiwan. And bhphotovideo just wont do it, as the shipping fee cost too much..

3. zerotiu

zerotiu Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 13, 2011
    Indonesia-Singapore
    yes, I agree. B&H photo has the most complete items in stock but the shipping cost to Asia area is expensive. I don't mean to promote any seller but yesterday I bought the UV kenko pro1 37mm from this ebay seller : eBay My World - hkbns-us. It costs USD$20. Kenko Pro 1d for 52mm is about USD$29 here, so I think maybe it's a real filter.

I bought a m43 to canon w aperture adapter for HongKong seller from ebay and the item is good and it is work very well.

4. timothysoong

Aug 10, 2011
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Sorry but I dont trust goods sold in ebay.

5. zerotiu

zerotiu Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 13, 2011
    Indonesia-Singapore
    I used to have problem like that until I've ordered something from them. You are in Taiwan by the way, I it's more easier to find the filter there. Have you tried digitalrev?

6. timothysoong

Aug 10, 2011
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Well yeah, its easier in Taiwan. But most of the filters that I need are out of stock all over taiwan. And those which are in stock are not reliable sellers. So I'd ask if there's bhphotovideo alternative that ships to asia.

7. m43man

m43man Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    I hope you find it, it's ironic all the eBay vendors to North America but not the other way around.

8. TDP

TDP Guest

Keystone Camera in Taipei has adaptors, here is a 37 to 52 for 90 NTD:

·Keystone Adaptor

Big Camera (2 shops in Taipei, 1 in Taichung that I know of) has 37mm filters, here is a Kenko 37mm clear:

BigCamera 37mm

9. m43man

m43man Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Hi TDP, you seem quite knowledgeable about shopping for camera gear in Taipei, do you happen to know where is a good store to buy Olympus cameras and accessories?

I'm looking for the LH-49 hood for my Olympus 60mm lens that I can't find here in North America, maybe it'll be available on the shelf in Taipei, given M43 is more popular in Asia?

10. TDP

TDP Guest

There are bunch of shops around Po Ai street where the camera district is. I'm looking online now to see what I can find.

11. TDP

TDP Guest

It looks like the only place I could find this was Olympus Japan and B&H in the US.