1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Internal memory?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by DaveyA, Nov 2, 2013.

1. DaveyA

DaveyA Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2013
    Does the EM5 have any internal memory? The reason I ask is because I was taking a few pictures (or so I thought) of my former workplace before the demolition squad reduced it to a pile of rubble and twisted metal when to my shame and disgust I realised I had not put the memory card back in after downloading my last batch of pictures:redface::redface:
    I know some cameras do, I have connected it to the computer via the usb port. A menu appears, if I select storage nothing happens, there is another selection which I think is mtp or something, if I select this option, iView Media opens as it usually does when I connect the memory card. But I can't see any of the photos that I hoped I had taken. Any chance that they may be there somewhere?

2. klam

klam New to Mu-43

Nov 8, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Unfortunately, there is no internal memory storage that I know of.

Sent from Tapatalk

3. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    No internal memory. Some DSLRs/ILCs have a way to prevent you from shooting when there's no memory card, but unfortunately the E-M5 does not.

4. My Canons had a menu item called "shoot w/o card" where you could prevent the shutter from firing when there was no card present. This could be useful if your eye was welded to the viewfinder or if you were someone who didn't chimp. With the electronic displays on the E-M5 however you get a big strip across the top of the screen saying "no card" so they refinitely still give you fair warning. Of course this doesn't help if you see it straight away and yet don't have a spare card on you...

5. DaveyA

DaveyA Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2013
    Oh well, never mind. That will teach me to be more careful. They would have been rather depressing photos anyway.
    Thanks for the replies.

6. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Oops...don't worry, happens to the best of us. My first day as a reporter, I went to an event at the city hall, raised the camera to my eye and realized I didn't have a card. I walked up to the mayor, introduced myself and asked him to stall, so I could get run back to the office and get the memory card out of the reader haha. Thankfully, he laughed and stalled.

Ever since then, I carry extra cards wherever I go...SD cards are dirt cheap, toss an extra 4 gig in your glove box, one in your wallet, etc...the other day I saved my friend's butt with the card stashed away in my wallet...though her thankfulness didn't stop her for making fun of me for being a nerd. ;)