Interesting web stats

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
Since starting my blog, I've noticed some interesting statistics regarding the types of web browsers used by people accessing the site. First off, a screen shot of the browsers (Chrome - tan, Firefox - Dark Green, MSIE - Dark Blue, Safari - Light Blue):

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Google owns the browser market in this example (but the number of versions):

Safari is surprisingly a close second (and plenty of versions):

MSIE is third but not by much (and not many versions):

Firefox is fourth (and plenty of versions):

Finally there are all the others, including phone browsers and the like (quite strong Apple flavour). What is it with all the versions?

The world has certainly changed since IE held top spot at around 95%. I use IE11 and Firefox, but find Firefox to be very slow and not as configurable. I also believe that IE is a lot safer than many people make out. I will never load Chrome, as I just don't trust Google one bit, but that's just me.

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
It’s a pity that they don’t do a better job with colour management. Safari is the only browser that does it properly.
I'm not sure that it really matters, most people wouldn't have a calibrated screen and screens that are able to display a full (or near enough) colour gamut tend to be very expensive.

dwig

Mu-43 Top Veteran
S... I just don't trust Google one bit, but that's just me.
No, it's not just you. It's you, me, and a lot of others.

I normally keep Opera, Firefox, and IE on my Win8.1 machines. On my desktop machine I rely on Opera for day-to-day browsing. On my tablet I use IE11, primarily in the "Modern" (nee Metro) mode.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom