Interesting video reminding us about the EM1 II launch....

Real Name
Siegfried
This is an interesting video telling us more about the Olympus Imaging Business future priorities.... Listening to the video and looking forward to the EM1X and then the EM1 II V3 firmware upgrade, I find the progress and direction Olympus took in the years prior to the EM1 MKII really interesting..... The story continues and now we have the new EM5 III and the EM1 III.
I strongly belief we will see another or 2nd new camera in 2020 and my bet is on a Pen F II
A Pen F II would also fulfill the new direction Olympus took in the 2 to 3 years leading up to the launch of the EM1 II...
Enjoy

Last edited:
Real Name
Siegfried
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The PEN-F is dead.
This is another rumor directly out the doom and gloom rumor factory at DPR.....

More-rumors.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I read the Pen F rumors and more rumors brewed over at the worlds biggest rumor factory on the web..... I decided to investigate for myself and I found the answers directly from Olympus. In fact there are several encouraging statements made by Olympus on the Pen F.....

Link

I can only recommend Olympus owners to carefully select what you read and who you trust. Unfortunately its a fact that you just cannot trust everything you read at once "reputable" sources....

Last edited:

Rob Trek

Rob Trek on Youtube
The link doesn't point to anything specific. I'd love to see the encouraging statements. The only thing I found was an interview done with Olympus here:

"The Olympus Pen-F sells well to certain types of customers. They really like this product and many ask us "when are you going to launch a new version of Pen-F?" " Unfortunately, I cannot comment on this (smile). "

https://phototrend.fr/2020/03/interview-olympus-masanori-sako-japon-2020/

pdk42

One of the "Eh?" team
I spoke with one of the marketing execs of Olympus Europe at last year's Photography Show in Birmingham, UK. At the time the Pen F was still on sale but there were lots of rumours that it was soon to be discontinued.

The guy was quite open about confirming the rumours. He said that the Pen F had sold much less well than they'd hoped and that in hindsight its conception was untested - basically a fashion statement camera aimed at a high income middle class demographic that was thought to want lots of instant processing effects etc for posting in social media. It was an interesting chat.

Unless he was bullshitting me, it would be odd for Olympus to rush in with a mark 2 of essentially the same concept. Of course, that doesn't mean it can't happen :)

Real Name
Siegfried
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The link doesn't point to anything specific. I'd love to see the encouraging statements. The only thing I found was an interview done with Olympus here:

"The Olympus Pen-F sells well to certain types of customers. They really like this product and many ask us "when are you going to launch a new version of Pen-F?" " Unfortunately, I cannot comment on this (smile). "

https://phototrend.fr/2020/03/interview-olympus-masanori-sako-japon-2020/
Hello Rob - love your live shows....

I refer to the same statement made in France. Go to the "What's News" section on my blog. Also see this article I wrote in response to Olympus will close in 8 months rumor (we getting really close to the mark.... :) ) See the different statements by Olympus halfway through the article....

Another reason I believe the Pen F II has a good chance is Olympus strategy is more expensive products with higher margins - reasons obvious.... This is why we see more new PRO lenses than the great enthusiast Zuiko primes and zoom lenses....

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom