1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

'Interesting Perspectives From Four-Thirds Owners/Users'

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by RT_Panther, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Interesting stuff. I myself have just purchased a Pentax K-5, since I already have a fairly large kit of Pentax zooms and primes. But I openly admit it may be my last "real" DSLR. The newest micro four-thirds cameras and lenses are very good. I suspect the next full generation of sensors and auto-focus systems (as opposed to simply the next generation of cameras) may put it over the top.

If you look at my signature, you can see I have a reasonably extensive micro four-thirds kit. But you'll also note that I don't have any of the really expensive lenses - in the $700-$1000 range. Almost all of my lenses were in the $300-$350 range and even the 100-300mm was obtained brand-new for under $500. I can't justify going after the top-tier lenses while I still have my Pentax kit.

It's taken us three years since the introduction of the G1 to get where we are with micro four-thirds. We have only just started on the second generation of sensors for the system. Another three years (maybe less - who knows?) sounds about right for my total conversion to mirrorless, most likely micro four-thirds.

Anyone else?

2. A fair mix of opinions there. Some from those who already own m4/3 gear, some from those don't seem bothered, and a few who seem almost offended by the existence of m4/3...

3. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    I wouldn't say offended - but some do feel that Olympus has abandoned the 4/3 group that made Olympus strong in the digital era...

4. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    i came from a nikon d70, to an oly e30, to my ep3

i never seemed to take photos with the d70 cause it didnt have the "omg i love it!" feel that i got from holding the e-1... but i caved into the "i can get it sliiightly cheaper and its technically better spec wise" ideas of the nikon kit i got

so finally got an e30 to get that YAY OLYMPUS! fanboy feeling... but it was still.... HUGE... and annoying to tote around all day
    i dont get paid for my photos, so i wanted something that wouldnt keep me from shooting due to bulk, etc

yay for ep3 ;) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.