Interesting observation

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by chuckgoolsbee, May 19, 2012.

1. chuckgoolsbee

chuckgoolsbee Mu-43 Regular

Apr 6, 2010
    Bend, Oregon
    The Governor of my state showed up at my workplace yesterday for a tour. I was very busy on a project and had no time to spend with the entourage beyond being wrangled by our office manager for a photo op. We all stood in a group around the Gov. while three people shot our photo. Two of the three were just staffers, using small P&S cameras. The lone pro Photog, who I suspect was not press, but part of the staff following the Gov. was shooting with a M4/3 camera!

I did not have the time to speak with her, as I was literally on a conference call concerning my project and pulled the phone headset off for the photo and immediately got back on the call afterwards. I did note it was likely a G2 or GH2, using an adapted lens.

2. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Probably a staffer for the gov who's into photography. I doubt if a news photog would use a manual focus lens. Was she also carring a bag and/or two cameras and/or various tags hanging from her neck?

Gary

• Like Like x 1
  3. capodave

capodave Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 4, 2010
    Southern Cal
    Dave
    They're infiltrating.

4. chuckgoolsbee

Apr 6, 2010
    Bend, Oregon
    Yes.

5. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Then she was probably press. (Flats or heels ??? lol)

G

6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Maybe some of the press is finally catching on to :43: - it's certainly lighter and more convenient. :smile:

7. chuckgoolsbee

Apr 6, 2010
    Bend, Oregon
    heh. I didn't notice. She was short... ;)

8. ssgreenley

ssgreenley Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    I was at a lecture by a visiting ambassador last week and saw a lone photographer brandishing a PEN. I couldn't make out the lens (and kept askimg myself what lens would possibly work for such a thing), but it warmed my heart nonetheless!