Interesting observation

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by chuckgoolsbee, May 19, 2012.

1. chuckgoolsbee

chuckgoolsbee Mu-43 Regular

Apr 6, 2010
    Bend, Oregon
    The Governor of my state showed up at my workplace yesterday for a tour. I was very busy on a project and had no time to spend with the entourage beyond being wrangled by our office manager for a photo op. We all stood in a group around the Gov. while three people shot our photo. Two of the three were just staffers, using small P&S cameras. The lone pro Photog, who I suspect was not press, but part of the staff following the Gov. was shooting with a M4/3 camera!

I did not have the time to speak with her, as I was literally on a conference call concerning my project and pulled the phone headset off for the photo and immediately got back on the call afterwards. I did note it was likely a G2 or GH2, using an adapted lens.

2. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Probably a staffer for the gov who's into photography. I doubt if a news photog would use a manual focus lens. Was she also carring a bag and/or two cameras and/or various tags hanging from her neck?

Gary

• Like Like x 1
  3. capodave

capodave Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 4, 2010
    Southern Cal
    Dave
    They're infiltrating.

4. chuckgoolsbee

Apr 6, 2010
    Bend, Oregon
    Yes.

5. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Then she was probably press. (Flats or heels ??? lol)

G

6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Maybe some of the press is finally catching on to :43: - it's certainly lighter and more convenient. :smile:

7. chuckgoolsbee

Apr 6, 2010
    Bend, Oregon
    heh. I didn't notice. She was short... ;)

8. ssgreenley

ssgreenley Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    I was at a lecture by a visiting ambassador last week and saw a lone photographer brandishing a PEN. I couldn't make out the lens (and kept askimg myself what lens would possibly work for such a thing), but it warmed my heart nonetheless!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.