Interested in a tripod mount ring for M.Zuiko 75-300?

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by DonParrot, Nov 7, 2012.

1. DonParrot

DonParrot Mu-43 Regular

Oct 7, 2011
    The German company Rösch Feinmechanik are ready to design and build a tripod collar for the M.Zuiko 75-300 if they get 20 oders at least. it will cost around €80.

Come on, guys, let's bombard them with orders!

And it would be great if anybody who ordered would leave a short message here. So we will know if and when there is a chance to get our tripod mount ring.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Very interesting.... I need one for the 100-300 Panny. The pics has sparked some ideas for a DIY project.

Thanks for the link.
  3. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    While I think it would be nice to have mount rings that go with these longer lenses, I don't really see the point. Tripod rings are to deal with lens weight, and neither the 100-300 or the 75-300 are particularly large lenses. I use arca compatible plates. The issue with these lenses isn't really weight, but balance (the camera mount shouldn't have any problem handling either of these lenses). To rectify the balance issue I use a longer acra rail coupled with a 2nd release clamp that holds the camera off center, something along the lines of the image below (though my setup has changed since this photo was taken - I'm now using a longer jobu plate that has an arca clamp built into one end). It works great and provides a nice balance for the entire setup.

4. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

That's what I do...

I would rather leave the arca swiss nodal slider at home and simply keep a ring on the lens that is of proper balanced location. Keep in mind, I use a fluid gimbal head which makes it even more necessary.
  5. DonParrot

DonParrot Mu-43 Regular

Oct 7, 2011
    I think that a ring at the proper point of gravitation (hope this describes what I want to say) is better to avoid unwanted vibrations.